£160 Cubase 8- 9 upgrade or jump ship £150 Logic Pro x

Hey

Cheers for the reply. Actually to upgrade from 8 to 9 is £161. They add on a 40 premium. I guess to encourage early upgrade adopters. So yes I was wrong. I guess it’s 80 a year if there is a two year gap between 8 and 9.

Anyway I’ve done lots of research and I would be fine in paying the cost even though high compared to others. I just can’t jump in as it seems to be unstable for many mac users with graphic bugs and lags. with no trial there’s no way to test. And it’s unfair to charge people for software that may not work. Seems like mac was not fully tested before release.

Thing is in all my years as a Cubase user there have always been significant bugs and mac graphics issues. It feels like it’s a bad sign to me. I’ve tried logic x and it’s smooth and stable. I am using that at the moment and if Cubase 9 irons out the bugs I may come back to Cubase.

I’m happy to support businesses but only If they support their customers and charging for an update that has significant bugs is not cool. I’m not paying to be a beta tester.

Such a shame as I have been a Cubase user for 15 years and I can’t believe I’m finally being forced to possibly jump ship.

Yeah! sorry I re read the title in your post and realised that you were talking about the upgrade from 8-9 and it is as you say £161, but yes that’s a 2 year upgrade path as you have said.

On the good news side, The Trail program should be due out very soon going on past release dates. It should be sometime in Feb. (just my estimate from previous releases)

I can’t give you any feedback on crashing etc as I am using a PC not Mac. It is rock solid so far for me but that means nothing to you on the Mac where I have been reading it is less so.
Logic X for a one off purchase and lifetime updates ?? is that correct, seems very good value.

Logic x 10.3 £150 and all updates included. The latest being amazing. It’s fine though Cubase served me fairly well up till now. Love the chord track and other features but logic x has come of age too. It’s rock solid on the mac now. And is stunning. It’s literally a pleasure to use visually, creatively and stability wise