[2.0.23.149] Global Octave issue

Am talking about this Global Octave option:

Issues:

1. My MIDI keyboard is M-Audio Keystation 49es, that too has octave -/+ option, when that is pressed, VST Live don’t reflect the value in the octave textbox on VST Live.
  2. On my MIDI keyboard when I change the octave I can hear exactly the change, but when I change the octave on the VST live -/+, it feels like its not changing it to the correct octave.
  3. This Global Octave i see its affecting on the entire layers. When this is a good feature, give an option on individual (Zones, ex: LEFT, RIGHT etc. or Layers) to ignore it, same like the option on Layers to ignore Pitchbend. This way if I want to keep the LEFT zone as its is and only change the RIGHT zone to increase/decrease, it will be a good option.
  4. This Global change, will it not affect even other players ? it is changing the octave of other songs also.

Because it does for itself, it just sends notes for another range w.o. sending any bits out that Oct+- pressed (at least my M-audio keys doesn’t… have two different)

Another user reported yesterday, that it only changes by 1 semitone instead of 12. This seems to be a bug.

Sorry, I didn’t understand, when you get sometime, please explain or add it to the documentation.
Thank you.

I don’t find any info about that global Octave option in this document also.

It is a brand new function with 2.0.23. It needs some time to get it into the documentation.

francescomidi

1d

I noticed that in version 2.0.23 the octave functions do not work well, they shift by 1 semitone instead of 12 and have another annoying problem that if it is changed during the performance with the notes pressed they remain open and continue to play infinitely until they press again and you have to use panic to stop them.

Yes, sorry. Will be fixed with the next version. It will also cut off pending notes, like local Layer transpose/octave do.

That function is internal to your keyboard, when you press those buttons on your keyboard, it does not send anything to VST Live or other soft. Transpose plus button will send a C3 instead of a C2 if you press the C2 key.

Thus, VST Live global transpose and ocatve settings are not linked to your keyboard. In fact, they have been added for users whose keyboard do not have such buttons (only very few don’t). So just use your keyboard buttons instead.

That makes no sense, or? If you don’t want global Layer octave/transpose, just don’t use it.
You know that each Layer has its individual Octave and Transpose controls, do you?

It is Global Layer transpose. It does not affect tracks. Again, suggestion is that you simply ignore it altogether.

Though, it may come in quite handy when the guitarists suddenly decide “let’s transpose everything down a semitone, so the singers don’t need to go that high” :slight_smile: