2 audio interfaces with Wavelab11

Is it possible to use 2 separate audio interfaces with Wavelab 11 …one for recording and another for playback.
I use Sonarworks and I have to keep switching to the record interface when I’m inputting audio and then switching back to playback through the Sonarworks interface
Am I being daft …is it not possible to have different interfaces for playback and record at the same time ?

You can’t use two asio interfaces at once.

You can put Sonarworks in the playback section of the Master Section. So it is used only to monitor through.

Only downside of that at the moment is you have to change the preset manually, if you switch between speaker outputs (ie SW for headphones and for Monitors) on two different outs.

Thanks for this info …I’m using WL11 on a Mac so core audio but the issue is that even if I run Sonarworks on the Playback section I still have to use the same interface.
It’s not a deal breaker just a pain to have to keep changing your interface in the preferences section. There are reasons why I need to keep one for recording and another for playback.
Is this a bug in WL as other DAWs are happy to run different interfaces if asked. RX and Logic both don’t have a problem with this.

I’m not sure about Core Audio tbh. Maybe a MAC user can help out there.

Did you try to make an aggregate device? Create an Aggregate Device to combine multiple audio devices - Apple Support

I guess this may be an answer…the Soundworks is a virtual device linked to interface 1 so I’ll see if it can combine with my other real interface 2

Are you using systemwide? You do know that you can use SW as a plug-in? No need for systemwide

Did you try to make an aggregate device? Create an Aggregate Device to combine multiple audio interfaces - Apple Support

This is the way to go on a Mac.

I’ve been playing with Sonnox ListenHub which is also a systemwide implementation. An aggregate device could definitely be a solution for Mac, but it might be a nice feature to consider for future releases. There are certainly other workstations I’ve used that allow this.