2 projects open and visible in Cubase 11 to drag and drop tracks

Sorry to be so ignorant of this, but I’ve seen a bunch of videos explaining how to drag and drop tracks from one Cubase project to another, yet I can’t figure out how to make the 2 projects visible on the screen to enable this. The manual hasn’t given me any clues and “Import track” isn’t working very well.
I’m sure it’s fundamental, so any clues are appreciated.
Thanks.

Just open both projects, but only one can be active at a time, which is indicated in the very upper right-most corner by the lightning bolt. The active project the bolt will be orange, the inactive gray. Click the gray bolt to make that project active.
You may need to click the “resize” window icon in the title bar to be able to see both as well.

You may want to try using the Pool to move tracks between projects, or even Import> Tracks from Project. I think it’s easier.

I’ll second that. Quicker than opening 2 Projects too.

1 Like

Thanks, SF (San Francisco?)
Will try tomorrow.

www.sweetgrassmusic.com
"Listen…listen…listen.”
-Brian Wilson

Tried. Left another post on that if someone wants to read and tell me what mistakes I made. Didn’t work. Tracks imported out of sync even though tempo was the same.
Thanks.

www.sweetgrassmusic.com
"Listen…listen…listen.”
-Brian Wilson

Sample rate mismatch perhaps?

FWIW if you have an older version of Cubase, like C10.5, still installed you can have both it and C11 open at the same time with different active Projects in each.

No sample rate mismatch.
Gave up on that one and found a work around.
However, I have another problem. I think this can stay in this thread. A clip in an edited project has become corrupted. Just one clip…weird. I can find the un-corrupted one in an earlier version’s Media Pool. How can I replace the corrupted one with the good one?