2019 poll vs Cubase 11

In 2019 we all participated in a Steinberg poll to vote the most requested features. Interesting to map the results against what came in C11 and it would be interesting for a Steinberg employee to comment on the Cubase roadmap and where we are heading…

2019 poll Rank Request (Average points)

1 Gapless Audio Engine (7,90)
2 Move tracks within the mix console (5,66)
3 General Improvements to MIDI editor and Smart tools for MIDI editing (4,72)
4 Bezier curves in midi editor (4,59)
5 Multitrack Audio Warp (4,28)
6 Export to Video (3,73)
7 Smart Tool (3,70)
8 Inspector In Lower Zone Idea - Mockup Design (3,47)
9 Full coloured tracks in the mixconsole (3,37)
10 Audio Connections overhaul or External FX Plugin w/flexible routing (3,03)
11 Allow Free Warp On The Project Window (2,92)
12 Automation saved with TrackVersions (2,76)
13 A proper ‘Import Session Data’ feature (2,64)
14 Total integration of Dorico (2,44)
15 Tabbed GUI Windows. Namely VST/VSTi Windows (2,42)
16 Plug-in Aliases (2,39)
17 Cubase for Linux (2,33)
18 Multi quick control (2,11)
19 Horizontal mouse wheel should scroll the mix console (1,96)
20 Ripple Edit (1,92)
21 Expression maps UX improvements (1,87)
22 MIDI Editor UI ‘Tabs for Controller lanes’ (1,85)
23 Better Arpeggiators (1,84)
24 Multiple Track Freeze / Unfreeze (1,82)
25 Save Folder Track Preset, saves all contained tracks+routings (1,78)

26 Modernize remote control functions (1,76)
27 Eliminate mix console focus (1,61)
28 Improve The ‘Save As Template’ Function (1,60)
29 Songwriter Tool (1,59)
30 Synchronisation of editing cc data between multiple vsti/midi tracks (1,54)
31 Improve Hardware Remote Plugin Control in Cubase (1,53)
32 The ability to snap to triplets within audio warp (1,34)
33 Save mp3 export ID3 tag settings per project (1,27)
34 Steinberg/Cubase server for quick saving and stability (1,17)
35 Triplet/Dotted grid snap in audio editor (1,15)
36 Clarification of all the remote control features (0,96)
37 Remember the height of each tab in the lower zone (0,81)
38 Per articulation delay parameter for Expression Maps (0,80)
39 ‘Glue’ Key Command (0,78)
40 Turn off Workspace remembering zoom and track height (0,73)
41 Rack presets (0,64)
42 Audio Pool Export (0,54)
43 Transport visible at bottom of Key Editor (0,50)
44 Add option to allow multiple MCU devices to mirror controls (0,50)
45 Video Track Versions (0,36)
46 Info line transpose algo FREE (0,35)
47 Voice control of Cubase transport functions, marker / arranger navigation, looping (0,30)
48 Straight/Parabola Line Tool Key Commandfor each ‘Line Type’ (0,24)
49 ‘Show Part Borders’ available as key command (0,23)
50 External Synchronization per project not global (0,20)

Well, almost nothing of the list is in Cubase 11 except 4, 7, 9 and 26… and unfortunately nothing of the most important and awaited improvements…
The team behind Cubase has a lot to learn from the team behind Dorico! :slight_smile: The guys who work on Dorico really know how to behave and interact with the costumers, and also they know how keep the balance between what the users want to be implemented, and what the team have in plan to do.
The guys behind Cubase live in some parallel universe… The only interactions with the customers are polls like this one, but even after that the result is totally far from what it should be… Most probably they put these polls because they are forced by someone above, but at the end they did what they wanted to do. :smiley:

They added lots of other feature requests that weren’t on this list.

The list isn’t some written in stone conclusive, order of realism, order of importance kind of thing. Democracy fails without logic.

That will not happen, that’s not for public info. They don’t want to tell their competitors…

You can also add:

6 Export to Video (more options are desired though)
13 A proper ‘Import Session Data’ feature (same as ‘Import Tracks From Project’)
39 ‘Glue’ Key Command

Lovegames, could you please elaborate on the quantize templates? Thx

edit

Never mind, I misunderstood the Feature Request.

Great feature I didn’t know about, thanks! But as you say, unfortunately it doesn’t solve the (really problematic) lack of alternative grids in the audio editor

Maybe not call it an ‘against poll’ but rather a ‘still waiting to implement/improve’ list? Maybe lots of other improvements that people didn’t communicate on this treat and are not on the list have been implemented.

Remember that not all people, also me, have not reacted to this ‘treat’ you use as a source for this list? I think also think Steinberg uses another source to implement their ‘nice to haves’?

So we can go on babbling here and spend hours of our precious time about what we wanted and didn’t get? But maybe Steinberg is not even reading treats like this and doesn’t even care what we ventilate here? On the other hand lots of other improvements that people didn’t communicate and are not on the list have been implemented. One of my very favorites is the option to switch the double click option in the key editor from note expression to create a note and hold ‘alt’ to cut it! Very useful and time saving for me. I live in the key editor most of the time.

You also know how Steinberg support operates? They don’t read their emails and they let people wait for weeks. I still wonder why they do this? Why let your clients wait for support on products that are purchased at high premium prices? If I were support manager over there I would open up a can of knowledgeable analysts to really help people with their questions ASAP! And they could fire my ass if they wouldn’t agree! But that’s just me. Unfortunately it looks like Steinberg has a completely different approach to this?

But I would go so far as to state that if we would be here helping out people with their problems Steinberg wouldn’t even exist anymore!

SO STEINBERG. IF YOU ARE READING THIS? PAY SOME ATTENTION TO OUR NEEDS!

REALIZE THAT IF WE GIVE UP HERE, OR THIS FORUM IS COMPROMISED IN ANY WAY YOU AS A COMPANY ARE F/C/D! BECAUSE YOUR ‘OFFICIAL’ SUPPORT IS NOT EFFICIENT AND SUCKS IN A MAJOR WAY. WE ACTUALLY DO MOST OF YOUR SUPPORT WORK FOR FREE HERE. ONLY JUST BECAUSE WE HAPPEN TO LOVE THIS PROGRAM.

SO MAYBE TIME TO PAY ATTENTION TO OUR ‘WHIS LIST’ AND WORK ON THAT FOR THE NEXT UPDATE. THANK YOU!

Who know it might help? we’ll see?

1 Like