20H2

No, I am not a Microsoft technician and I understand that you have said that there are problems with 10.5.20 and 20H2. However, 20H2, 2004, 1909, etc. are feature updates. That is, they provide additional or updated features and are not security updates. Security updates are provided for each of the versions of Windows 10 mentioned above and will be until the dates shown. That means that if you have a reason not to update to the latest version of Windows 10, you can be sure that it is secure providing that it is one of the versions mentioned and that you apply all available security updates.

Nic

I linked to the wrong page in this post. I’ve corrected the link.

I don’t really understand you. Installing Windows 10 version 20H2 will not make your PC more secure than it is now, unless you are running a version of Windows earlier than version 1909. If you have doubts about running Cubase 10.5.20 with Windows 10 version 20H2 because of compatibility issues, you should not install 20H2 until those issues are resolved.

so is microsoft lying? And why then the steinberg warning and recommendation not to install this update for the moment?

I can’t speak for Microsoft or Steinberg, but you can contact them using the following links.

Steinberg Support
Microsoft Support

I have updated to 20H2 recently. I have experienced more issues, not only with Cubase, since I updated from 2004, so my personal recommendation is to hold off for now.
Microsofts way to do Windows 10 updates has become a pain, it’s becoming more like OSX in that regard… :frowning:

You should however install all security updates that comes (they come separately) if your DAW is connected to internet.