3.4 Instruments and Apps Dropout

Just doing simple recording of vocals and piano (tried Ravenscroft and Pure Piano) right now. I also have the loudness meter app YouLean LM Lite on the master bus…

These 3 mentioned apps randomly become unresponsive, no sound, no output. Closing and restarting Cubasis then brings them back.

Its really soul-destroying having to restart the DAW intermittently and not being able to focus on making music.

Is there a fix coming for these instabilities?

1 Like

Hi @BoSchafers,

Please provide me with a short clip that shows the steps and issues, to share this with our engineers.

Please upload the clip via YouTube or Dropbox and let me have the link via private message.

Thanks
& stay safe,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Below a short clip. It shows while soloed, Pure Piano has ‘dropped out’…
-First playback, no sound
-I then I solo the acoustic guitar track and vocals to show that they play back
-Then I restart Cubasis and now all track play as expected.

I have not been able to figure out what causes the dropouts. I have noticed that the same thing happens with other instruments such as Ravenscroft Piano or even YouLean loudness meter on my master bus, which suddenly stopped working and needed Cubasis restarting to work again.

In this case, immediately before the dropping out, I was pressing control on the magic keyboard to bring up the keyboard shortcut sheet. I was using zoom in and out via keyboard shortcut. I was also zooming by pinching the screen. But I am not sure these things actually triggered the dropouts as it didnt happen again when I tried to replicate.

I’m using an iPad 2020 with plenty of storage, using the most current ipad OS…

Hi @BoSchafers,

Thank you very much for the clip and additional information, which I’ve shared with our engineers for further evaluation.

Best,
Lars

Hi @BoSchafers,

Thanks for your message.

Please let us know if the user interface of the AU plug-in is visible when you experience the drop outs. If not, the AU plug-in seems to be unloaded leading to the drop out issues.

In addition, please give it a try to set “Latency” to 5 ms, enable “Multicore” and set “Guard Buffer” to “Default”.

Please let us know about your results.

Thanks,
Lars

Same problem here. Purpiano and other apps suddenly stop…

Hi @whitelight,

Please give the latency settings mentioned above a try.
Alongside, please check the topic again, once Cubasis 3.4.1 has been released.

Thanks again,
Lars

1 Like

Hi Lars,

Apologies for the delayed response, I’ve testing Cubasis in a new project. I raised the to latency to 5.8 ms, enabled multi core and set default guard buffer.

I have not had any of the audio units drop out….

Hi @BoSchafers,

Thanks for the updated feedback, glad to read this.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
I checked and the settings are already as you recommended (5,8ms, Multicore, Default).
I dont remember having changed this settings, so I suppose they are default?)

And:
When the AU drops out, the Instrument is unloaded. Its GUI is gone.
2 ways to get out of it:
Close and open Cubasis
or
change project and reload it .

Hope this helps!

Hi @whitelight,

Please note that Cubasis 3.4.1 has been released a few minutes ago:
https://forums.steinberg.net/t/cubasis-3-4-1-available

Please give the update a try and let us have your feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
& stay safe,
Lars