3 fingering interchanges with elisions

Dorico doesn’t seem to do three fingering interchanges on a chord using elisions. It reverts to hyphens even though I have the Engraving Option>Fingering set to use elisions. I start with this:
elisions

and it changes to this when I add the third pair of numbers
hyphens

Nor does changing from Line to Slur in the Properties panel>Fingering>Substitution appearance correct this.

There are workarounds, but they are cumbersome.

One reason that Dorico switches to hyphen could be: where should the middle slur be positioned? With hyphens it looks linear and clear. Do you have an example of how should it appear with three slurs?

But another reason (maybe I see a little too deep, but Dorico “semantic” considers playability aspects) could be that a three finger substitution cannot be played legato (slurred): the second finger must jump from F to D, so it shows the hyphens instead of slurs… (just thinking)

Thanks, Christian-R. Your first point had also occurred to me. Don’t think the second point is the case, however. Here are the possibilities:

1. The middle elision can go either way,
  2. The lowest fingering pair could be placed below the chord in Engrave mode if only the elisions could be input.
  3. The middle elision could be omitted entirely.

But I can’t get Dorico to do any of these things. In fact, even one elision interchange is not possible if two other notes have fingering. It reverts to hyphens:

1 interchange

Elisions seem limited to two voice fingering situations only.

Yes, that’s right, Dorico will only use the slurs for a maximum of two fingerings, because of the complications of automatically positioning more than two of them.

Thank you, Daniel. I will use Playing Technique fingering for such situations.