30 day Cubase10 trial

Having trouble with Activation. Been going around in circles.
After I enter the code: “Currently there is no eLicenser connected to your computer which you can download your eLicense to…”

Do I need the USB dongle to activate the trial version, because they are sold out locally and even online at some locations like Sweetwater.com, (or Amazon unless you want to pay twice as much from “other sellers” - I’m wondering if “other sellers” bought them all up so they can scalp them online.)

From what I can tell, it won’t activate with the “soft-eLicense” method. Not sure why this could not be used for the trial version, as I imagine a new Activation code will be needed upon purchase.

I finally found and ordered one from Guitar Center. Don’t know how long it will take to get it.

You can have a Cubase Elements licence on a soft eLicenser. Cubase Artist, Cubase Pro and Nuendo require a USB eLicenser. These rules apply equally for trial and purchased permanent licenses.

Ok, that’s what I suspected.
I hope you know those USB dongles are sold out all over. I managed to snag one from Guitar Center. They said they only had two left. Just have to wait for them to ship it to me.

I don’t work for Steinberg, though it seems clear from employee comments in these forums that they have been somewhat caught out by the demand for USB eLicensers and boxed editions of Cubase Artist and Pro (which contain a USB eLicenser) during the current 50% off sale.

The only thing I can suggest for those who cannot get hold of an eLicenser is to evaluate Cubase Elements for now, which doesn’t need a USB eLicenser. You can buy an activation code for any edition of Cubase before the end of the current promotion, even if you do not have a USB eLicenser to activate it on - though obviously it is less than ideal if you do not have a fair opportunity to evaluate your chosen edition of Cubase prior to purchase.

If you cannot get a Steinberg branded USB eLicenser, a Vienna Key from Vienna Symphonic Library will also work - VSL licence the eLicenser technology from Steinberg, who own it.