3rd party music font for Dorico elements

Hello people,

So I have just bought, downloaded and installed a 3rd party music font (LS IRIS from MTF), but when I navigate to edit > Music fonts in Dorico I can’t seem to find the font that I just installed, the only available fonts that I can see there are “Bravula” and “Petamula”.
Does anyone here know why I can’t find “LS Iris” that I just installed on my computer?
I also tried to move the JSON-file to Dorico > Fonts > metadata, where all the other fonts JSON-files are, but it still doesn’t work.

Is it maybe because I only have Dorico elements, and not pro?

Any help would be much appreciated, and thanks in advance!

You’ve posted a message to me, another message to another user, then an entirely separate post in a new thread.

Please don’t.

When somebody can help, they will. Posting the same thing three times won’t get you a result any quicker.

I’m not familiar with what @LSalgueiro’s installer package does, or I’d have answered by now. To rule out the most obvious thing: have you rebooted your computer? This is frequently a must when installing fonts.

Yes sorry for the spam and inconvenience, since the other post was quite old - I wasn’t quite sure if I were going to get any reply there/or if new people would see it, so I figured in hindsight that it might be more beneficial to just create a new thread with my new question.
Now, about the computer - I haven’t tried to restart it yet, but thanks for the tip, I will make sure to try it and then notify if it solved the problem!

The forum sorts by “latest” by default, meaning that if you add to a previous thread that thread is pushed to the top of the list.

1 Like

I see, that’s good to know, thanks :slight_smile:

So restarting the computer didn’t solve the problem - but the problem was that I put the JSON file in the wrong folder. I initially put it in “Program Files\Steinberg\Dorico\fonts\font folder” which was wrong, I solved it by putting it in “C:\Program Files\Common Files\SMuFL\Fonts\font folder”. “font folder” is just a folder that I had to created in the font file and then put the JSON file in it, and I also had to name the “font folder” the same name as the JSON font file, for example in my case I named my folder “LS Iris” and the JSON file was named “LS Iris.JSON” (good for people to know who are also struggling with this). MFT also had a great explanation on this in their website.