40% discount is great but doesnt apply to Pro owners

Perhaps it is oppressive/restrictive. I don’t know, as i’ve never had course to question it. It’s just who I am, just as the sky is the sky, I am me! :wink:

If I do spend some time to think about it, I find it more oppressive/restrictive to ONLY able to work within a single DAW out of brand loyalty alone. But again, that’s just my own feelings.

Have you confused me with someone else? I can’t even remember writing ‘whatever you feel not necessarily representing reality’!? lol

As for explaining why moving from v10.x to v11 is pointless …again, not sure what you’re referring to here. Paying for any software update, For me it simply comes down to the needs of an individual and their budget and ultimately whether it’s ‘worth it’ to them.

For example, If over the past 2 years I felt Cubase was moving in a direction that no longer matched my needs. i.e. there was an overly large amount of looping/edm style tools added, whilst functions I used remained buggy, unstable, not finished or even implemented. Then, I wouldn’t continue paying for updates out of brand loyalty, or have a ‘better the devil’ mentality.

I agree! Steinberg updates/upgrades can be frustrating …but the 10/10.5 PRO update to 11 PRO “SALE” will most likely be in July… I checked my records, that’s when I always updated after waiting for sales.

Very well explained! We are a couple of, expecting the updates every year…
UPGRADES : - gathering new clients for PRO line
UPDATES : - keeping the PRO line clients satisfied
until then, we can use nuendo 11 demo for 60 days :wink:

1 Like

Yes i am a 11 Pro user and noticed folk could upgrade to Absolute but had recently added some of the main features so was a bit peeved folk could do this and get a load more at a very good price but I couldn’t get the extra things except full price.

I’m seeing it from this webpage:

Thanks for the reply. Since posting my question, I found that Sweetwater is offering better prices on upgrades, here:
https://www.sweetwater.com/steinberg-cubase/series

1 Like

That is good. I assume it’s all in US dollars? If they shipped to Australia it looks like it would be $347.81 AU to upgrade from Elements to to Pro as opposed to $438.00 AU from the Steinberg shop.

Yes USD, but I believe customers anywhere can buy the download. (I’m in Canada)

1 Like

Thanks – I just emailed Sweetwater about whether the sales are available to customers in Australia.

Kind regards,
Canaan

every december or end of november steinberg brings out a cubase update. every summer that update is discounted by 50 percentage. Mai or June…

you can count on nothing in this world, but on this you can count.

Hope so, in fact that will give me a chance to hopefully fix interference issues with my new PC :slight_smile:

Don’t think a software update will help with interference issues, you need to be checking your cables/hardware etc.

I just tried to order the upgrade from Sweetwater. Unfortunately , one needs a USA address.
Best,
Jim

Just buy used and you can get it even cheaper :+1: