5.5-best wishes for the future...

Hi…

We arrive already at the end of the year … and version 5.5 of Cubase is still very problematic. In a few months it will inevitably version 6. It will obviously pay a minimum $ 300 for power upgrade … is nice! … no? :sunglasses:
I use cubase for 10 years now (VST 5) even though many pro advise me long to change software. For me it was the heart speaking and I wanted to use Cubase because I thought (then) it was very stable and clear. It was not the Protool sound but it worked for me … and then we arrived at the version C5.5… :open_mouth:
This version (meant as an important update) was released around June 2010 (so it has been seven months).

So…there is on Steinberg’s forum (C&N) and others too…Several posts (many actually) on the MAJOR BUG startup reading (little lag at start of audio playback).
It’s been seven months that I can not use C5.5 because of this BUG … yeeeeaaaahh!
As I said above … in a few months (April-May) there will probably version 6 …!?
I have version 5 from June 2009 (which included a lot of default, but it was normal because of the importance of the update) … so 6 more months for that everything works more or less.
This means that for a year and a half … I could use cubase correctly for only 6 months… :confused: (one year of problem!)
And of course in 3 months the major problem I mentioned above will be solved… but it will serve nothing more because the version 6 will be there. For $ 300 … mouhahaha …!!!

Cubase then my Love … I’m leaving! :cry:
I found a new Software a lot more good than you … and his name is … PT9! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you anyway for these ten years of happiness and suffering … and best wishes for the future …

I have no lag at startup.

Are you talking about plain audio files?

If so then maybe the RIFF headers are corrupted or non-standard.

No startup lag here either. Are you sure the problem isn’t in your system?

No lag here either. Maybe your Cubase is just pausing for dramatic effect, so you can be histrionic :wink:

As the song says, breaking up is hard to do. The ways of love are mysterious.

Hi Yany -

Did you ever think of starting your song at bar 2 or 3 to see if the problem resolves itself?

Exactly mate … like the song says … do not look back and go on. :mrgreen:

And for others …!

No offense but, In my opinion…maybe in a few years … you will understand what we are talking about … :wink:

So now we have not only “mac biggots” but forum software gurus and now PT Elites.

excuse me I have not noticed your post … the other was not directed to you …

Perhaps you’re right … I’m not terrible in terms of programming … so …! :blush:

Yany since you are still here.

Did you look into RIFF/AIFF?

Broadcast wave files and 32 bit float can often be troublesome on windows.

So which system are you using?

Not get tired … the bug is known and recognized by Steinberg for several months … it will be resolved in the next maintenance update for users Nuendo…for Cubase?? The problems is not a 32-bit float, or something like that … it deeper (something with some interfaces drivers) …and i’m on mac…so thank you anyway :smiley:

Bug report?

Complete and Total FUD

Class! :smiley:

32 bit float files don’t play by default on windows.

RF64 does not work on windows.

Cheers

Completely different statement than the one you made before. And their are codecs available for both and are no trouble to use at all. Plus, in Cubase they are supported and no trouble.

No one in the bug thread said who was using what and yet almost all demand a fix.

Where is the “real” bug report?

They will complete the migration from VST5 and port the chord tracks to Cubase 6. 64-bit OSX and fix the mess with remote controllers.

dude …Instead of saying stupid things… you would not go elsewhere? … if we are there …? :unamused: