504 error downloading Steinberg Download Assistant, Displaying Hub

Still the same old 504, no go 4 me

If you have your old installerā€¦ which I pulled off my old dying PC just nowā€¦ you might try running it. It will try to update the Download Assistant, might fail once or twice, but eventually it started working for meā€¦

Edit: To clarify, Iā€™m referring to the Download Assistant installer. The version I pulled from my old PC was v1.32. Thatā€™s what started the update process and eventually got me to a working Download Assistant installation.

Back up and running this end with My Steinberg and Licences seemed to have gone through ok

Hi @steve,

thanks for the thread merge.
I can also confirm the current Gateway 504 error on Steinbergā€™s download pages (like last week, as well as the blank page / 504 Gateway error page in Cubaseā€™s Hub).

Strangely enough, about fifteen minutes ago I was able to start a slightly older version of SDA (for all the new forum members: ā€œSteinberg Download Assistantā€) on another machine and it updated itself to the actual version 1.34.3, and I could then start and use it in order to update a few Steinberg products, which went through without errors. So not everything seems inaccessible right now, or at least not for everyone.

Hmmmā€¦

Cheers @ all,
Markus

1 Like

I just want to mention that this does not affect licenses that are already on your machine.

Is it legal/appropriate to post a working link to the SDA installer for folks? I would consider doing it myself but it feels like a gray area. I would guess theyā€™re getting close to resolving site wide though, perhapsā€¦

1 Like

Tried, still got a 504 ā€¦

Hi @tjw415,

Itā€™s not, Iā€™m afraid:

Legal Terms | Steinberg

As the sole proprietor of their software portfolio, Steinberg might almost certainly argue that only official (contractual) distribution partners of Steinberg Media Technologies (GmbH) may be granted a (non-exclusive) right to (re-)distribute all - or portions of - their software products (including any utilites) for reasons of service, support, etc.

Best wishes,
Markus

Thatā€™s what I was afraid of. Best to keep things on the up-and-up.

1 Like

I tried to export a song and the cubase 10.5 crash, i tried to download again the program again and all pages 504 Gateway Time-out, the weekend donĀ“t have support?

Same here. Bought Cubase 12 and cannot download it because of 504. I feel deceived.

1 Like

Iā€™m getting a 504 Timeout error too. UK based, Windows 11 - Cubase Elements 12 update. Also unable to update eLicenser so I can upgrade from Elements 8!

Very frustrating, however Iā€™m sure the lovely people at Steinberg will sort it out for us soon

A 504 error doesnā€™t mean itā€™s a Steinberg server that is down. It could be a device on the way to the server, or something in the hosting center.
Why does anybody thinking Steinberg is hosting the services in house?

Just a bit of patience,please.

All we need is to be acknowledged, kind of ā€œā€¦weā€™re working on it.ā€

1 Like

Bad weekend to rebuild one of my workstations, it seems. Been waiting for this to get sorted since yesterday.

The Steinberg download assistant and Activation Manager are both still on 504 bad gateway errors on my side. One or both required to properly install and run the software for those that just upgraded or purchased the software.

Unfortunately 2 days straight now.

I had to move fwd on to other software for this project due tomorrow.

I hope I can get my Cubase 12 install activated sometime in the coming week at least.

I hope it gets resolved for the others waiting soon. Good luck guys.

1 Like

Thank you FilterFreq :).
I am quite optimistic that it will sort itself out eventually.
In the mean time itā€™s too bad that there is no acknowledgement
or announcement that informs us of the situation; I guess that
has accidentally become our role now .

I did submit a support request/-ticket regarding the SDA and the 504 error, but
the ticket confirmation email says it may take a few days before they are able to respond.
Thanks for the reply FF.

Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Unfortunately, the Activation Manager IS one of those items that is either downloaded as part of the Download Assistant or, if downloaded separately, is on the same server as the SDA, and yields the same error.

So, while I CAN download Cubase 12, I cannot activate it. I can download Cubase 11 which still just has a eLicenser key without needing the other activation, but it doesnā€™t appear to work on an Apple Silicon Mac - or rather, it DOES run, but generates no audio as far as I can tell.

Hey everyone, 504 Gateway Time Out error this side as well (South Africa).
Trying to download the Steinberg Download Assistant and ultimately Cubase 12 but all attempts end up on the same 504 timeout/error page. Quite the bummer, hope Steinberg are on it!

Hi everyone,

www. steinberg .net /slm-win
r. mb.steinberg .net /sda-latest-win

ALL recourses returning 504 error code.
Please someone call Steinbergā€™s devOps to restore their web services, itā€™s just impossible to download anything using their download manager :frowning:
Can somebody confirm it by trying to download, e.g. Cubase 12 from their link

o. steinberg .net /en/support/downloads.html
?

3 Likes