6.5.3 Release Date?

Is there a release date/schedule for Cubase 6.5.3? Seeing pre-releases, but no news of a release.

+1 Been wondering the same thing. However, I somehow doubt Steinberg will let us know unless it’s really close to release.

Things have been somewhat quiet regarding Cubase lately. Nothing since the 6.5.1 pre-release, not even a final 6.5.1.

I smell Cubase 7 Brewing…

Any thoughts???
nexis

No way! they just released 6.5.

Cubase 7 will likely be a huge update and will take much more time… I’m guessing a major interface overhaul. 6.5 seems like a temporary stop-gap on the road to bigger and better things. But 6.5 needs a 6.5.3 that is fully supported. :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t doubt that it is coming. They probably started work on it shortly after 6 launched (or at least started collecting ideas).

However, I don’t think we’ll see it this year. Probably sometime in 2013 or early 2014.

I base this on some data (from “Cubase” article on wikipedia):

Cubase 4 and Cubase 5 had 3 years between them (4 launched 2006, 5 launched 2009).
A year after 4 launched (2007), 4.1 was released. A year after that (2008), 4.5 released.
Cubase 5 and Cubase 6 had 2 years between them (6 launched 2011).
Cubase 5.5 appeared a year after 5’s launch (2010).
Now, one year after 6’s launch, we see 6.5.

It seems to be on a two to three year cycle with a major update/upgrade every year (since Cubase 4).

Only they know how long their testing takes.
6.5.1 was a hotfix for 6.5.
6.5.2 was a hotfix for Artist 6.5 only.
Both skipped full testing, but were released quickly to fix major (work-stopping) bugs.

Software development & testing takes a long time. Especially the testing phase.
I’d say we’ll see it eventually, let’s not rush them.
It’s only been 2-1/2 months since 6.5’s release.

We all have been “expecting” the release of Cubase 7 and collecting FR’s since December. I wouldn’t be expecting it very soon, not this year anyway. I for one am anticipating the release of Wavelab 8. We have recently been told that this will be the next change for Wavelab, 7.2.1 being the final update of the version. That was in December. I think that some of what we see in Wavelab 8 will tell what is in store for C7 (what Steinberg has been digging into for the past few months.)

Cubase 6.5.1 and 6.5.2 are ‘unsupported’ releases that addressed specific issues (6.5.2 isn’t a Cubase release, just Cubase Artist). You could therefore argue that Cubase 6.5 hasn’t yet had a ‘supported’ update yet.

I’m in no rush for 6.5.3 or 7. I just hope that they are tested to death, reliable and supported. That takes time and resources - and patience.

For what it’s worth, I think Cubase 6.5.1 is a wonderful DAW.

Aloha and +1
(6.5.0 here)

{‘-’}

It would be if chorder, mystic and prologue worked correctly. :imp:

I use them and find them very creative, compelling and just musical fun. Sorry to hear that you find problems with them. Anything in particular?

We all use our DAWs in such different ways and perhaps we have different expectations of them. I am constantly amazed at what Cubase 6.5 can offer me and have been inspired by it many times.

But I am a romantic at heart. :smiley:

OK, wasn’t aware of these issues. I haven’t had any musical issues that I’m aware of with these, but that’s not to say that they’re there.

Hopeful for fixes in 6.5.3.

I try to make a habit of staying a version behind so that I don’t end up testing the new ones for bugs. That’s why I waited till the final update of WL E 7 and then bought it. Problem-free. :slight_smile:

Any information at all yet? Christian? Even a ‘don’t expect anything until…’ would do.

If Steinberg needs betatester for Cubase7 Here I AM
Willing to test all night and day ;9 willing to write reports

And if they want to test me earlier I AM also willing to test everything after 6.5.2 :wink:

Greetz Bassbase

So that’s a nothing then. Thanks.

Is it worth asking again?

Obviously not.

6.5.1 was released well over 4 months ago. 6.5.2 doesn’t affect me. What is so major for a 0.0.3 release? Why no answers to my question from Steinberg? Is there even to be a 6.5.3?

Not holding breath.