6.5 ADR Tool 2.0 Is this possible?

Hi Nuendoers,

I am currently having a look at the new, improved ADR 2.0 tool and wonder if there is a solution for my needs.

I would like to use a loop that works like this:

1. Preroll with count in swipe
  2. Line(s) that need to be dubbed
  3. Post Roll
  4. Go to 1

This would have to run a couple of times and then when we feel that the actor is in sync I would jump in and record without the loop being stopped.
I would want to handle all signal switching and monitoring myself and because I need to record into the individual sessions (episodes of a series) and episodes and usually do not get enough time to set up an individual session with routings for ADR. Therefore I would want to stay in “tape machine style”, set the loop to “monitor/record” and loop and just hit record and later play to review.

It’s kind of sad. The ADR tool is actually TOO sophisticated for what I would want to do with all it’s automatic routing and switching. But If you do a series of 12 episodes and just need to replace some bad production dialog in a couple of shows this means that you will need to set up a routing in all sessions or prepare an ADR session with rendered stems. Both is not really in the budgets, that clients pay for in most of my cases.

Ollie

Hi Oliver,

yes, that’s possible. You can configure pre-roll and swipe as well as the routing in
the ADR setup dialogue (marker window, right button below).

If you’d like to know more about the Nuendo ADR Taker I recommend you
watching the Nuendo 6.5 and Nuendo 6 ADR videos.

- YouTube (Nuendo 6 tutorial)
- YouTube (Nuendo 6.5 short tutorial)

Thanks,
Timo