64 bit AND 32 bit Nuendo - Wrong Launch

I have both versions of Nuendo (32 and 64 bit) installed on my machine. There are two shortcuts on my desktop. For now I use 32 bit – so I can utilize my Waves plug-ins.
When I am in Windows Explorer and I find the npr file that I want to open – I double-click on it. Well, the 64 bit version of Nuendo comes up. So I have to close it and right-click on the npr file and click on “Open with…” Then I make sure the box is checked that says, “Always use the selected program…” Then I browse to the “Program Files (x86)” folder and find the Nuendo.exe file. BUT IT DOESN’T WORK ! It still launches the 64 bit version !!!
What’s up ?

At a rough guess, I would wager that you installed the 32-bit version first, and then the 64-bit one - yes?
If so then that would explain it as the .NPR files will always be associated by the OS with the most recent version installed.
The only way around this is to launch Nuendo first, then open the project from the application dialogue. I always have the prefs set to open the load dialogue rather than anything else - it helps!