64 bit dlls

Hi,i am using cubase 6 latest update win7 64bit.
for some reason a few 64 bit vstis arent showing. for example omnisphere,reaktor 5
only the 32 bit versions show in the vst instrument dropdown.
i had to move the 32 bit dlls out of the 32 bit vst plugins folder,and then when i restart cubase the 64 bit versions show up.
anyone else have this problem?

First, you’re not using JBridge are you? I had little luck with Cubase’s bit bridge, and moved right to JBridge, so I may be little help for your troubleshooting, but Cubase should be smart enough, that in the 64 bit Cubase, if it sees a 32 bit dll and a 64 bit dll with the same name or identifier it should only show the 64 bit version, or maybe there’s an option to show both, but it should never only show you the 32 bit version alone.

hi,yeah im using j bridge.

I had problems when JBridge left spaces in dll names, like “Superior Drummer” instead of “Superior_Drummer”.

Anything like that going on? There’s a way to go into the folders and get rid of the spaces and have it all work, but I’d have to have another look. I think you basically want to remove the spaces from the names in the JBridge folder (both files, there should be two) and not the actual VST folder. That’s how I remember it anyway.

EDIT: one clarifcation here though, which version of Cubase are you running, 64 or 32 bit? It’s possible to use JBridge to run 64 bit plugs in 32 bit Cubase, though most use it the other way.

64 bit VSTis don’t need the bridge. Try unloading all the 32bit ones and then reloading and see which one doesn’t boogie and which is getting in the way of the 64bitters.
then go to the support site of the expensive 32 bit 3rd party VSTi makers and lobby them to update to 64bit.

Hi,i am using cubase 6 latest update win7 64bit.
for some reason a few 64 bit vstis arent showing. for example omnisphere,reaktor 5
only the 32 bit versions show in the vst instrument dropdown.
i had to move the 32 bit dlls out of the 32 bit vst plugins folder,and then when i restart cubase the 64 bit versions show up.
anyone else have this problem?