7.0.6 is here....

That doesn’t work for me :question:

But in any case, wouldn’t be more coherent to have that functionality assigned to the middle button like in the rest of the program?

Marcus,

I need options like “Add FX channel to selected channel” and “Add Group Channel to selected channel”.
Tips that you’ve provided didn’t worked for me and problem still here.

For that you can right click on many places (channel name, channel number, empty rack areas), except the channel fader :slight_smile:

confirmed.

Oops - Steinberg, what have you done? The mixer was working fine for me until now! Not happy :frowning:

Unintelligent shortening of track and plugin names still there, with no preference to disable. Sticking with 7.0.2. Yet again.

I actually haven’t noticed any difference on my 2560x1440 iMac :unamused:
Other than it seems a little less responsive? I could be making that up though.
I do like the single click on inserts, however it always feels dangerous for some reason, like i have to be careful i don’t click the sides.

I was sorry to see the Score fixes were not actually included.

See my post about it: No. Score Printing Does not work as expected in 7.0.6 - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

One thing this update has addressed is the printing of single pages. But, yes, very disappointing that it still uses bitmap (I suspect that would be a major overhaul).

Hi there,

I created an entry in our database concerning the right mouse click in the Fader area.
R-10266

What was addressed, specifically?

I’m sorry, this update has made my mixer appearance completely and utterly useless. I can’t see my inserts anymore, only half the track name shows, the pan controls are now nothing more than a white blob on my group channels.
So, before I go completely beserk someone please tell me that trashing preferences is going to solve my problems.
I’ve put up with all the other releases and found ways to work round the problems but this is in a class of it’s own.
Very dissapointed Steinberg.

Like I do after installing any maintenance update I created new templates. So far 7.0.6 works and looks better for me. NICE JOB Steinberg! Thanks :slight_smile:

For those having problems with track names cut in the mixer, try changing the width of the channels. It seems that the font size changes depending on that width.

In my workspaces the mixer was reset to default upon starting up in 7.0.6, which makes me think they made some changes. I imagine that if you reconfigure you mixer back to how you want it it will then stay there, and maybe zoom settings are now included in workspaces. (from my 1 second test it appears they are…)

Doesn’t work here unfortunately …

From what I’m reading I’m afraid to update to 7.0.6 from 7.0.5…

So many negative comments already.

Man Steinberg is getting a bad rep when it comes to actually fixing things.

REGARDLESS…I’m gonna install now.

Steinberg, if this update is worse than the last how can I get back 7.0.4?

So far the update looks great and feels snappy on my Mac. Mixer looks much better, and I love being able to open inserts with one click.

Nice work Steinberg :slight_smile:

Well I liked the update! I didn’t find anything worse than before (yet). The problem is that the new mixer still needs a HUGE LOT of work until it works for everybody and consistently.

On Mac you can duplicate the Cubase 7 app before you update. Then you can return the the previous version(s) at will.

Good idea to dup your Prefs folder too, in case the later version has differences that break the earlier version.

And note, that many more people post about negative stuff than positive stuff. (not just here)