7.5.1 why steinberg didnt fix the mute bug.

Also how are you getting the Midi data to show up in the volume track? when i do that on mine the volume track has nothing. could it be thats midi volume and not VSTI volume?

Good point, however Cubase needs consistency. All the other type of tracks, when muted or soloed are reflected correctly in the mix console. The only exception is instrument tracks.

That image shows the VSTI’s output volume (audio fader). MIDI volume isn’t displayed in decimal notation :wink:
The MIDI data is displayed behind the audio automation because it’s an Instrument track, not a MIDI track.

I sent Helge a message about this, to which he replied with the above.

That’s really interesting, so maybe other bugs can also be fixed on a pay-on-update basis.

what about “igonre solo” which is essential for sidechaining. when you engage it, and solo the sidechained track the source is muted but shows not muted. those things are just awful!!! and yes pressing m on a instrument track DOES mute the track, it just doesnt show its muted. so you just dont know whats going on. bad bad bug which i dont understand is still not fixed.

and also, folders which contain at least one instrumenttrack or not muteable!! when you do it the instrumenttrack just wont unmute again hahahaha

If you seriously want any devs or mods to look at this then it’s better to post in the Issues section. You’ll get a mixed bag if all you want to do is collect a bunch of fellow sufferers so posting there as well and maybe use this one for headcounting might be a better option. They do need to know these things and they need as much detail as they can get if they think it’s important enough to need a quicker fix.

The reason they haven’t fixed it is because it doesn’t affect enough people to get the alarm bells ringing at the bug police station. Or the conditions this affects are so diverse as to be impossible to trace yet.

You mean like these?
MUTE state button on instrument track corrupted
[C7.5] Mute Button Doesn’t Light Up
[ISSUE] (C 7.0-7.5) SOLO/MUTE shortcuts STILL not working!

Thanks Niles. I just did a quick look and didn’t see this particular one. I don’t know if they are all different or all the same. I still think posting this one here would help as well. Cross referencing would help with diagnosis. The more the better.

buchanan, yes you are right. but honestly, i have that problem since 7.0.6 if i remember right, and i just cant understand why other people dont get as frustrated as i am. i mean anyone who works seriously with cubase uses shortcuts. that bug is just a pain…

i dont think steinberg gives a dawm about those things, like my mr816 which i just sold after one year i couldnt bring it to work under mac os and i absolutly got no support from steinberg whatsoever. i love cubase and i cant imagine to work with another daw, but their ignorance is just driving me crazy. do you really think they dont know about this bug, they just dont care.

These thoughtless accusations which I know are completely unfounded does your cause absolutely no good. I am certain that Helge and his team do care about their product and want to sort every problem out but there has to be some sort of prioritisation to what gets fixed first.

I use Cubase 7.5 every day and I was not even aware of this supposed issue (I am not even sure I am clear what it is now). On that basis, it is completely understandable that Steinberg do not have it at the top of their priority list.

There’s a post earlier (from Steve Helstrip) where its stated that after his enquiry directly to SB (Helge Vogt), the response was they have already got this fixed in the next update (7.5.20 - which its stated elsewhere is planned for release around April)

Well dear Graham those issues make Cubase 7.5 for me unuseable and i guess that you dont do the kind of music where you need a lot of intrumenttracks and do your mixing with sidechaining. Otherwise you would have explored those issues. I paid money for a programm which im not able to use until april. I think thats just not right. And yes steinberg doesnt care. When i contact the support or anyone else it takes 2 weeks for them to answer. And those answers usaly dont help.

And just think about it 7.0.4 was fine, 7.0.5 was a mess, 7.0.6 was fine expect that the mutebug began. When they fix something something else which wasnt broken becomes a problem. 7.5 should have never get released. Also the trackversion feature is a pain which doesnt really work. Sorry dude im just sad about my beloved cubase.

In very hot and cold when it comes to cubase recently but I feel like the team at Steinberg know they released a half-baked product due to the whole “sticking their heads in the sand” thing. Question: what about track versions isn’t working for you? I use it daily.

If it addresses the Edit active part situation, I will consider buying it, unless of course there is a C8 that already fixes the problem.

@droutloaf i used the trackversion feature for a song where the singer sang it in 2 different languages. switching from one version to the other caused crashes and on top of that after switching several times, it was all messed up. tracks from the two different languages got in both versions mixed and after deleting them on the wrong versions rendered the project useless since it was also gone in the trackversion where it was supposed to be. i dont care too much about that thing, im sure the problems i had, will be fixed or it was just badluck on my side, but the mutebug really destroyed my workflow and forced me to go back to 7.0.

Well I just solved a similar problem by checking my Logitech keyboard settings. You could do the same or update or try even an older driver for your keyboard which may well have a bug or settings for it’s own customisations which over-ride Cubase’s hotkeys.
To shorten any job it’s best to give the mechanics as much information as YOU can before THEY can begin work and know more accurately where to start. Also I find that many irritating and apparently serious problems can often be fixed by the user by opening the bonnet or looking around the back of the machine and seeing what lead is hanging out or in the wrong hole before calling up the mechanic. I have been there.

If it’s your “beloved Cubase” then I’m sure there must be a version that WORKS the way you say it doesn’t. It’s a VERY old rule that says one doesn’t use a new software / DAW product until it’s been out a few months. In the meantime all professionals use what actually WORKS and very rarely buy a brand new product expecting it to work straight away. Even airliners need trialling AFTER purchase so the pilots can learn to fly it and, like we do here, provide useful feedback. They do not moan “This new Dreamliner’s unprofessional!” They use the old planes. They STILL fly. And then no one is dead. At least Cubase only bruised a few wallets for pocketmoney and not ten times the pilot’s monthly wage…
I suppose one could say it’s so cheap it’s BOUND to be unprofessional. :mrgreen: (Of course I’m joking)

Even airliners need trialling AFTER purchase so the pilots can learn to fly it and, like we do here, provide useful feedback. They do not moan “This new Dreamliner’s unprofessional!” They use the old planes. They STILL fly. And then no one is dead. At least Cubase only bruised a few wallets for pocketmoney and not ten times the pilot’s monthly wage…
I suppose one could say it’s so cheap it’s BOUND to be unprofessional. > :mrgreen: > (Of course I’m joking)

Do the pilots actually purchase the planes they fly?
Is it their money or their job if the plane doesn’t perform as advertised?
Are they, for the most part, small independent businesses/contractors?

What airline purchases a fleet of planes that they can’t use until version ???
(Besides the US Military)
Do you think they would just be ok with that? Waiting a year and a half
while paying for that purchase. What about the newbies who don’t have
a previous version that works?

Just trying to understand. I’m sure its just way over my head huh?

[/quote]

If you mean prioritization, yes. Unfortunately IMO their priorities are backwards. Core functions, workflow, and fixes appear to be second to releasing new features, new VSTI’s upgrading features etc. It’s unfortunate, but that is they way it has been since the beginning of Cubase SX.

If you use Cubase 7.5 every day, and you were not aware of instrument track mute button not lighting in the mix console, then either your version works correctly, you don’t use instrument tracks, or you just haven’t paid attention. It’s not a “supposed issue” as you claim. It’s an issue that has been turned in, confirmed, and hopefully fixed in the next update. If you are not clear about what the problem is, it seems very odd you would even contribute to this topic.