7.5 at last.

Because it tastes so good. :slight_smile:

I’m wondering. Does the HALion Sonic SE content disc/download that comes with v7.5 contain everything that was included in the one that accompanied 7.0? I.e. do I need to keep it handy, in case a reinstall becomes necessary, or can I file it away in the furthest reaches of the cupboard (where old installer discs usually end up)?

There’s a 7.5 Version History in the current download area, doesn’t give much info apart from a long list of known issues! An updated user guide would be useful at some point, until then its jump in and swim (if you can lol)

Those were my initial thoughts. However, after a full day I’m very happy that I bought this. It’s much more polished than any previous release and has proved stable after day one. OK it’s early days, but I’ve never had a full day without a crash previously.

Ah the .5 releases are always the good ones. Loving it, GA SE rocks, and so far no issues.

Wow … Seriously, I’m blown away by the possibilities of Groove Agent SE 4 :smiley: I’ve been playing with it for an hour and It’s intuitive, fun and so much more powerfull than GA1. Thank you Steinberg.

Question: Are those H2 files required to install 7.5? Sorry i just never use or cared for the Halion sampler or content.

No, they’re not required :slight_smile:

Found the user guide is in the installer package, thankfully all went well on install after the 7 hour nightmare downloading!, No problems with elicencer, though I did run the updater on that before installing as some had suggested earlier (thanks for that tip) just had to put in the new serial number that came in the download email.

Lost all preferences and on first run it froze because it cant find plugins but after that it ran ok and had to point the the vst plugin paths and update as it couldn’t find any vsti etc when loading a 7.06 project in, but that’s been sorted, its system specific as to where people install 3rd party instrument and fx to.

To early to comment on anything yet, to much to play with!

Thank you :slight_smile:

I don’t think you lost anything, your preferences remain in the 7.0.6 folder. You can import them, i guess. And of course you have to relink to your vst folders. Nothing too fancy, it looks normal to me for an upgrade (not an update).

Thank for your feedback !

Just manually copied some preferences over from the 7.06 folder and that seems to have worked work OK for the time being, though not the window sets.

A few annoying little things, the insistence to register every time it’s launched, taking ages to launch and then freezes continually until PC is rebooted, hopefully that’s something to do with the plugin paths, it certainly doesn’t like Steinbergs Dacota and has frozen there a few times, shame that, it’s a golden oldy like me lol - maybe they’ll update that in time as they did with Plex and others, it’s ever such a useful and beautiful instrument to use, don’t want to loose that if i can help it!

Having a few problems loading 7.06 projects in, it keeps insisting that a number of the Kontakt libraries are “Not installed on this machine” so run Kontakt, re-add the libraries via the browsers tabs and away to go, hopefully that will iron itself out as the vst paths are all checked properly.All the other instruments from complete are loading and working OK apart from NI Reaktor which is telling me I need to update it to the current version in order to load in the synths, though IT IS the current version lol - NI Support here I come!

So far every plugin is loading ok (other than Dacota synth, though the send/inserts on the MC are a bit slow and clunky to appear when clicked on, seems like they were back on 7.0xx ?

Like wise, the asio Input/Output seems to like getting lost and having to be re-routed in control room and MC. It’s a Sonic Core DSP Audio System which is set at 96kz. It’s bi-directional optical light pipe with with SPDIF word clock every project through to the Roland VMC Rack mount Stage Box/Computer and then piped up to the actual mix desk which of course is total recall, so loading up ever project is really annoying as its 32 bi directional optical channels and word clock on SPDIF from the system. It’s a rock solid system its just works, flawlessly normally, so guess I just have to get in there and reset master/slave to resync over the word clock, Its is more like installing a new DAW with 7.5 so in that sense it’s not just an update so I know what needs do to be done to get everything locked so not expecting many issues doing that.

East West all working, again a bit slow loading, maybe a rescan will sort all these little niggles out, haven’t allowed any time for the new distractions yet, just wanna get it launching and loading projects smoothly and reliably before delving into all the other features.

In general, it’s nice update, well worth the 41 UK £ so no complaints in that area, a bargain really just for the project page updates, let alone the new synths, though i don’t need or use them much. I’d Say, its gonna be a lot of fun getting my own samples and kicks loaded into in due course.

I like it but haven’t really got into anything other than the initial install and a few quick trials. Will probably leave it at that now until the new i7 is assembled over the weekend on which it’s going to be living for some years I hope !!!

Haven’t loaded the HS2 soundsets in yet either but at least it’s finding all the other purchased collections in full which is brilliant !

Time to sleep it off now or i’ll and up with a digital hangover in the tomorrow ! :laughing:

Install went flawless.

Updated License Center before and activated license. It found all plugins no need to tell it where to go so thats good!

Track Versions is just brilliant. This will make life so much easier. Finally, no more of that silly brushed metal look. Overall, Id say this is the best looking version for sure.

Time to play some more. Good work, Steiny :slight_smile: :mrgreen:

Ouch, this is exactly the kind of troubles i don’t need. I’ll check the NI website if there’s any clues on this. May i ask which precise libraries do you have troubles with ? And, while asking to update Reaktor, is it at least functional ?

Finally i’ve got 7.5 from friend, and I’m happy to see anyone had found all bugs i’ve discovered in 30 minutes of work under osx, this means all works great under Windows. But, on the other side seems to be better under osx than 7.0.6 if you can accept more ram usage, more latency more cpu spikes… Now you can’t disable asio guard… :laughing:

fyi,

A number of people have said prefs did not port over, which is weird because all my prefs were automatically copied over without skipping a beat.

This might be a quirk with your system. All my 7.0.6 projects load without a problem. Goes without saying, but do you have the latest Kontakt installed?

If you use a Mackie MCU or any controller using Mackie Protocol, forget working with Cubase 7.5.
(unless you only need to work with 8 channels)
(unless you like pressing "bank shift"43 times to move to the 43rd track)

Well, if they say so… it’s not weird, isn’t it ?.. :slight_smile:

There must be a local problem (that is: to those having it) that blocks C7.5 from copying C7.0x preferences.

It happened with my system too. upon installing (and finishing) Cubase 7.5, the preferences folder was EMPTY (obviously this shouldn’t be the case. it shouold have copied those from 7.06). but having read the people here, I simply copied the whole preferences folder from C7.0x - before even launching 7.5 - and got it over with.

Nevertheless, there IS a problem there.

I’d say to ANYONE :

Simply ERASE your newly created preferences folder (EVERYTHING IN IT) and copy ASAP the folder from C7.0x (so you won’t create - potentially - different setting to work with).

No, I’ve just been paying Steinberg under the table to supply me with the bugless version of Cubase. :smiley:

Yep, that’ll do it. Just curious - are you on Windows? Maybe it’s a platform specific bug.