8.5 - Track Notepad & The Hiding Cursor. Ref: BON-7310

Need a few to users to confirm some weirdness still going on in the track notepad before I submit an official topic in the issue section. If someone from Steinberg knows about these ongoing issues please chime in too. Thanks :slight_smile:

It is related to BON-7310 which I am not sure Steinberg corrected (or thinks is corrected) because I see no list of fixed issues for 8.5.

Moving on:
Looks like CB 8.5 fixed some of the issues when typing in the track notepad. Meaning, it seems like you can now click anywhere in the notepad to enter text or move the insert point with your keypad arrows. That is good.

Here is the procedure to produce what I believe is still not fixed and very frustrating:
1 - Open a project
2 - Open a track notepad and click in the text field where you want to insert text.
3 - Type text. This action makes the cursor disappear (it should turn into the β€œI” insert cursor, like when you type text in this forum).
4 - Click the mouse to make the cursor reappear (moving the mouse won’t make the cursor reappear). If the cursor still happens to be in the notepad area it will reappear and move the text insert to (maybe) a new location.
5 - Enter text the second time. This action make the cursor disappear (it should turn into the β€œI” insert cursor, like when you type text in this forum).
6 - Move the mouse to make the cursor reappear (no need to click the mouse).

It is step 3 & step 4 (where I have to click the mouse) is where I find it frustrating. You never know where the text input place will be or where the mouse will reappear. If the cursor reappeared by moving the mouse (like step 5) it would not be as bad but it should be corrected to work like it does when typing text in this forum. Meaning the cursor should change to the β€œI” insert and not disappear.

Regards :sunglasses: