8 to 8.5 update. Key commands and studio connection to new?

Hello,

How to import key commands and studio connections from 8.0 to 8.5? I tried to save keycommands in 8, but when I navigated to keycommands folder the file was not there. Altought it shows in 8.

With regards, Faaraotron

Hello

when i upgraded from 8 to 8.5 (or any other version to a newer one) it automatically migrated my key commands…

If not, search in your old preferences folder and move them manually to the new one…

Thanks, that solved the peroblem.

:slight_smile:

Ok guys… all I can find on my Windows 7 pro system that has had Cubase all the way back to Cubase 5 is .xml files for key commands. Why is Cubase 8.5 looking for .key files? I can find .xml files easily for past key command configurations, but Cubase 8.5 (32 & 64bit) doesn’t want to open them when I try to open them through File:Key Commands:Import Key Commands File… In fact neither a newly installed update of Cubase 8.5 32 nor 64 show any alternative presets which I know I’ve cut and pasted into the new appdata:roaming:Steinberg:Cubase 8.5:Presets area. There doesn’t seem to be a appdata:roaming:Steinberg:Cubase 8.5:Preset:KeyCommands folder. If this was solved I’d really like to know how.