8 Track Multitrack Recording?

Is it possible to record 8 tracks 24/96 simultaneously on a Ipad 2017 using a Tascam US-20x20 (Or other usb3 sound-card)

Thanks

Cubasis supports up to 24 ins/outs, depending on the audio device in use.
I’ve asked our friends at Tascam regarding your US-20x20 question.

Best,
Lars

I’ll change the question…

What sound-cards make it possible to record 8 tracks 24/96 simultaneously on a Ipad 2017?

Hi Steingreb,

Please have a look at Steinberg’s UR824:

While Cubasis provides up to 24 ins/outs and is 24/96 capable, please keep in mind that using these max settings will put some extra load on the iPad device in use.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,

Thanks,

I have a new iPad 2017, do you think it runs out of resource when i record 8-tracks?
I want to use the IPad to record drums in a studio, transport the tracks to Cubase at home and record the rest of the tracks.
I thought it is only possible to record 4 tracks at the same time with a UR824 on a iPad (iOS).

Hi Steingreb,

I do not see a problem to do this with Cubasis and the UR824 on a new iPad.
If four audio tracks is the maximum you want to record simultaneously, the UR44 might be a great choice as well.

Please find all available UR interfaces listed with their specs on this website: https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/audio_interfaces/ur_serie/start.html

Best,
Lars

Thanks Lars,

No i want to record 8-tracks 24/96 simultaneously
I think i gonna give the UR824 a try

Hi Steingreb,

Thanks for your message.
You’ve might give your local dealer a visit to check the audio device with your iPad, to give your use case a try.

Best,
Lars

Hey Steingreb,
I‘ve had the same question today because I read at the official product website of the UR824, that this interface can only record 4 tracks simultaneous. Fortunally I‘ve got the tip, that you‘ve had the same question years ago. Does your setup with the UR824 and your iPad work with 8-track-recording?
Thanks in advance for your answer - this would help me to decide if I can buy this interface for my purposes.
Best regards,
Johannes

Hi @Johannesschmidt.eu,

Thanks for your message!

Your topic has been shared with our colleagues, managing the Steinberg/Yamaha hardware devices.

Best,
Lars

1 Like

Hi @Johannesschmidt.eu,

We have now tested the UR824 with the most recent version of Cubasis and we can confirm that it is possible to record 8 inputs simultaneously. We will update this information in the product description.

Best,
Michael