9.0.20 experience so far?

Well, I spoke to soon. Same hang happend again today so XMP or display driver was not the cause of the issues. :frowning: Will have to do some more troubleshooting. WonĀ“t mess up this thread with my issues anymore.

Today I had several crashes (win10 Creators update) using Kontaktā€™s feature ā€˜search for missing samplesā€™, for Cubase projects with missing wavs. Latest updates on everything I have checked.

https://www.native-instruments.com/support

You donā€™t have to point me to Kontakt support, thanks.

Attitude helps get you placesā€¦ Not.

For those who may have NVidia driver issues - they released a new driver recently.

If you already knew that, Iā€™m just trying to be helpful.

IĀ“m also experiencing this behavior. Really annoying and I have not found the cause. Suspect it has something to do with GUI engine and GPU driver. do you also have a Nvidia GPU?

Yes using a 1060.
But I suspect mediabay, or halion sonicSE
It has not happened again, and I have used Cubase for many hundreds of hours since.
Still think this is the most solid Cubase ever

JTRake, our computers are pretty close in configuration. I set the build up feb 6 of this year and overclocked it to near 5 gHz from its stock 4.2 and have never had any problems. My ease of operation must clearly be that my tracks have very few plugins and are 70% audio. Iā€™m essentially using a very well equipped tape deck, but it suits my needs with a little overkill thrown in

Iā€™ve had intermittant problems with audio dropouts for the past couple years. I upgraded from 8.5 to Cubase 9 in a few month ago, and it has been solid, no such issues since then. Until a few days ago - after installing 9.0.2 the problem is suddenly back. Coincidence?

(I canā€™t remember if I updated to 9.0.1 in between)

[Addendum: 8/22/17 - I refreshed preferences per Phil Penderburyā€™s instructions http://www.pendlebury.biz/sbprefs/
Too soon to say for sure, but it seems to have helped.]

Is there a way to ā€œroll backā€ to previous version?

But thereā€™s the issue - they arenā€™t the same DAW. The first thing people do with Cubase is make it theirs in so many different ways. Not to mention different hardware, OSā€¦

Canā€™t compare, just note the issues. Also, some issues are not of Steinbergā€™s making.