9.0.20 experience so far?

Anyone seen any reason NOT to install .20 over .10?

Looks like a good spec, concentrating on fixing problems. How is it in practice?

I have had a number of freezes using various VSTis. Just doing a system restore to reinstate the old setting.

Only strange thing I have had is the return of the percentage bar not showing anything when rendering down. That used to happen a few versions ago but was fixed but has now come back. Not a big show stopper though, you just have to wait and it will eventually finish,

Unfortunately, quite bad. For me 9.01 was the best Cubase version ever, but 9.02 came with serious resizing issues in the mixer. Unless this is getting fixed very soon (reset layout and deleting prefs are not permanently fixing the issue) I will be a very moody Cubase user in the time to come.

performance spikes…pitchbend too sentive…thinking of restoring 9.0.10…at least I could do midi without a performance spike and audio dropout or a vst working correctly…dam would have to start all over again

I’m not sure what to think about it yet. Under 8.0, I had a couple of crashes. Under 8.5 up through 9.1, I had zero crashes. Installed 9.2 this morning. Loaded a song I had been working for the past few days, then decided to get some lunch. When I came back an hour later, Cubase had frozen and crashed. The task manager wouldn’t shut it down and I had to reboot. I usually leave it open all day and have no problems. I’m on Windows 7.

So far so good… only tried a couple projects but seems good. Finally got midi devices working agian!!

Edit :
Somethings I noticed… Chord track always plays when I start playback - then monitor the chords by clicking didn’t seem to work I’m not sure why yet.

No issues with 9.0.20 at all today.

I installed the update early this morning and Cubase has been running continuously since while I (on/off) worked a project. I must have mixdowned this project 15 times to get it right (to my ears). Again no issues. I have to say that this project is near completion so I really was not messing too much with adding/changing VSTs. Lots of small tweaks and edits though and, like I said, quite a few mixdowns. During this day long session I did not notice anything that made me think that I should not have installed it.

Regards :sunglasses:

Every time I shut down Cubase, I get a “Cubase has stopped working” message from Windows. Never had that before.

Edited : Spelling.

Am I dreaming or are files saving faster now? I have a fairly large template and just working with 9.0.20 today Cubase seems to think for less time when triggering a save.

Well I am back with 9.0.10 as I had 6 freezes in a row on my current project with 9.0.20. Having reinstalled .10 there have been no issues. Which does not lead me to think there are any problems with my set up. Given that I have had no issues in .10 I am staying there for the moment.

Interesting. I must say .10 has been rock solid here. No crashes, and I can leave it idling for hours, then come back and carry on without a single glitch.

Just installed the update (Cubase is running on Windows 7), no problems so far. :slight_smile:

No issues for me so far (I didnt have issues on 9.0.10 either).

A few crashes here, unfortunately, even when simply unloading a VST.

Finding that 9.0.20 is “touchier” than previous version, esp. w vst’s that employ internal oversampling; getting way more drop-outs than with 9.0.10, which seemed more tolerant of operating near the edge. Kind of a drag, tbh.

No problems here, so far no hiccups :neutral_face:

I’m running the latest version of Sierra on a MacBook Pro with Windows slave (VEPro 5).

No problems at all, seems smoother somehow than .010. Also, I like the smaller scaling of the lower zone mixer.

/Magnus

Everything working fine here too.
OK, I only installed it yesterday and the random crashes I used to have on 9.0.1 and 9.0.10 havent happened yet.
Hope it stays that way.

No problems so far.
It’s been smooth ride since CS9 compared to dreadful CS8 (partially fixed in 8.5)
Can’t tell much about new redraw fixes/coding; it might be slightly, slightly better.
Resizing Mixer seems more smooth now.
It’s not the smoothest DAW out there but CS seems snappier then ever.

So, thumb up :slight_smile: