9.0.20 experience so far?

After 1 week solid use now, I’ve had 3 crashes and starting to get occasional performance spikes, which I’ve never had before on my system. So whatever they fixed has introduced some instability for me.

Because if you bought it some time ago, is a favourite and only available in 32 bit, what other option is there?

I also had a crash today - dragging channel settings from a mixer channel to another mixer channel that I havn’t seen in a while.

Also a project crashing on loading channels - also long time ago but back perhaps.

10 was very stable for me but ohhhh the GUI drag

I see you are using VEPro, I have no problems with version 6.

I had a quick trial of v5 but immediately upgraded “just to see” if it was better, reason being for the fact of draggable VSTi’s but as it turns out, it is more stable and in fact more workable as well.

Now I’m suddenly also suffering from massive perfomance spikes in a session I had no trouble with prior til .20 :unamused:

Then after about a minute of nothing that helps - raising buffers, disabling / reenabling synths, suddenly it comes to rest af around 50 % after maxing out

First, early, experience: loaded fine and seems to be fine on my MacBook Pro. However, my current desktop machine, which has run all Cubase versions since 8.0, I can’t get 9.0.20 to even load. I’m going to have a play around today to see if I can avoid rolling back.

Steve.

Ditto and back on 9.0.10 after the worst crash I have ever had.

When `I said I couldn’t get it to load, I meant I couldn’t get it to open, it kept stopped working as it started to load VST 2.0 plugins.

I opened Cubase 8.5.30 again, and that worked fine. Closed it, tried to open 9.0.20 again - and bizarrely, it opened. And has run a couple of 8.5.30 projects well. I have shut down the machine and opened 9.0.20 again, and again it now works. I trier to open it about 25 times unsuccessfully yesterday. Odd.

Steve.

Mixed bag for me. Some random things - sometimes it won’t switch out of “write mode” when using automation until a reboot. Export audio progress bar freezes when doing offline bounces. A few stutters at very low asio usage…

Error in bounced file where part of the outro was repeated

Some tracks are not playing - reopening the song and they will play again. This bug I have seen before and could be plugin related - just mentioning

I had trouble with offline bounce as well. Never happened before.

9.0.10 was mixed for me, this update seems to have resolved all the random issues I was facing.

I attribute this to optimisations for newer CPU instructions.

Three W10 Creator machines. All fine.

Tried the update and crashes and freezes 3 times day one a couple of times day two after less than an hour of use. Back to 9.0.10 for now as I have no time to trouble shoot. Will wait and see how it plays out. Seriously tired of broken Cubase versions.

Working well on Mavericks, apart from minor bugs like mute not working properly on a channel with automation (not disengaging after manual toggle) and random channel notes invisible until clicked on (long standing issue). Overall performance seems better.

Most importantly, long requested mixer undo was well worth the cost of upgrade! No added problems with 9.0.2 update. On Mavericks, no visual lag. May be best Cubase yet (on unsupported system!)

Thank you again Steinberg for mixer undo. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. :smiley:

No issues over here, if anything it’s snappier than previous installments. Win 10 x64, and I don’t have a lot of plugins, and they’re all 64bit – I have a sneaking suspicion rogue plugins are at the bottom of much of the pain people are experiencing, sad to say.

Same for me, installed on release; had no problems and loads Komplete Kontrol much quicker.

Several freezes!
Audio tracks which are running out of time are almost gone, but crashes or freezes, especially when opening new plugins or switching presets…

Worst Cubase since a long time… :frowning:

Have 2 machines - one is a testing machine for updates so the main system can stay predictably stable on 8.5.

After installing 9.0.2 on the testing machine it was a buggy mess - crashes all over the place - and I mean hard crashes, where prefs, window layouts, etc. all got corrupted. The usual Cubase “when it crashes the whole software inexplicably gets trashed” kind of crash.

Reinstalled Windows 10, only installed 9.0.2…instead of having 8.5 on it as well. It is now smooth and bug free.

I would recommend with Cubase 9 to do a totally OS clean install. Definitely a PITA, but seriously it got rid of every single problem I was having. Except another post I made about having problems 2 key commands (read / write), otherwise tip top shape.

NOTE: Still would love to know why, when Cubase does crash, it sometimes takes every user setting down with it: preferences, windows layouts, plugin layouts, etc. This software is absolutely terrible at retaining user settings. Can’t count the number of times I’ve had to trash preferences, recopy windows / plugin / mediabay databases, re setup the transport part / track settings / mixer toolbar, etc. Even when you save presets they occasionally get deleted after a big crash. Mind boggling. There’s seriously something amiss in the core workings of the software…I have never used a software that crashes as hard as Cubase does, and does so much damage to user settings. Perhaps if the engineers took a serious look at the disaster zone that is the XML file locations…spread all over the C drive willy nilly…it might help us backup and restore these ridiculous crashes. /endrant