9.0.30 graphics slowing after long session

[Thread split 9.0.30 graphics slowing after long session - Cubase - Steinberg Forums]

I guess that Maybe Arnd Kaiser and Matthias Juwan could solve this issue. However they are not in Steinberg anymore and they are now developing S1.

At this point, Cubase and Nuendo may need to be completely rewritten from scratch, just like what Cubase SX does comparing to Cubase VST32. Furthermore, these could be merged into a single product and named as different subversions.

Disappointing and unconstructive reply Shiki. Enjoy Studio One, which I personally sold because it’s a pretty poor experience overall imo.

+1 Wrong forum, please visit http://answers.presonus.com/

No, not completely enjoy. I still wait for one day Cubase gets rid of all shortages which S1 doesn’t have.

Me too, but bashing the current staff isn’t going to help with that. Critical posts are fine, but we already have enough posts that sing the praises of another DAW while being of no help.

Not bashing them but I want to address a thing: a sophisticated software written by previous core programmers is not so easy to be maintenanced by its new maintainers. There is a case that Sibelius is now maintained by AVID headquarter development team, and they chose to not quickly add new features to the software but to optimize it well, making Sibelius sort of fell behind from its competitives. As I see it, asking the current staff members to maintainence what written by others is already a torture. That’s why I wrote the following which you clearly didn’t read:

At this point, Cubase and Nuendo may need to be completely rewritten from scratch, just like what Cubase SX does comparing to Cubase VST32. Furthermore, these could be merged into a single product and named as different subversions.

Of course I read that. You’re making too many assumptions and pretend maintaining an existing codebase is impossible. The old programmers aren’t magically able to deal with it better than new ones, it’s moreso a matter of resources and skill. You’re probably just repeating what others “experts” have written on forums before.

But most importantly, you’re not helping out in any way whatsoever with these kind of posts. You probably think you’re making any difference with them, but nope. The people who are making a change are diving into issues and help to solve them.

I just want my money back, want all of my money cost on Cubase BACK, BACK, BACK.
(Fees consist of: Cubase 6 Educational + Upgrade to 7 + Upgrade to 7.5 + Upgrade to 8 + Upgrade to 8.5 + Upgrade to 9)
Thanks for phukking me off. I’m out. Enjoy eternal graphics slowing.

It takes a special person to buy 5 updates and only then realizing it was never worth anything to them.

Because I was ALWAYS WAITING FOR A DAY THAT Cubase could have its user experience sufficiently improved on a Retina mac.

They have now said that they are working on it.

And now they locked the special discussion thread for what?

That thread was garbage. It wasn’t helping the issue in any way, it was just mostly the user StudioSanctum venting.

It’s a known issue that’s being handled. (note how the thread has a bug tracker ID)

Sounds like you know pretty much background things. Thanks for your good news and I just wait for the day they realize that Metal helps applications’ graphical performance on macOS.