9.5 does not create thumbnail cache for videos

Hi,

after upgrading to 9.5 for imported videos no thumbnail cache is generated. I only get a message “missing thumbnail cache”. Even recreating thumbnail cache does not help.

I am importing videos, exported with premiere: 720p, h.264, CBR … nothing special.

The video is playing in the player. My video is “Video.mp4” and cubase generates a file “Video.v2cache”.

Anybody having the same issues? What to do?

Hi,
I have the same problem, have you fixed ?

Hi Make sure your video is converted with H.264 encoder and not MPEG4 encoder and it’s a .mov and everything should
work fine that what solved my problem
JFR

I have been using CUBASE for 15 years :slight_smile:) nothing special at all… CUBASE always have so funny BUGS but this is an ““important”” one. after 9.5 or 9.5.10 we have a little cuty “BUG”… Thank you Steinberg :slight_smile:) but you have to fix it SOOOO QUICKLY…

Can you please tell me what software you use to encode the video to H.264
I tried with this : www.h264encoder.com/

but its still showing missing thumbnails.

I dont know why, but it looks like audio and picture are delayed by milliseconds, even though I put the audio right on spot with picture. Please help !!

I use “wondershare ultimate video converter”… it’s fast and correct…
for the delay problem; if you use capture card you have to adjust offset (ms) on the menu video player in studio setup in cubase 9.5, if you do not use a capture card it’s because of the codecs or the algorithm of the converter software…

missing thumbnails; as JFR told above is perfect on mov (H264) but there is still a bug on mp4 (H264)… because never happened before…
Good Luck…

Hi folks!
Even mov doesn’t works for me!
Video player is working ok, but no thumbnails.
Mov has been generated using this online converter:

I’m working with videos on almost every day basis…
This is very frustrating bug :frowning:

p.s. converted to h.264 (constrained baseline L1.3) using xilisoft video converter and it works.
but not h.264 generated by onlinevideoconverter (h.264 constrained baseline L3.0) :neutral_face:

kind regards, Alexandr

Hi guys,

I have the same problem but maybe I’ve found a workaround for this bug.

I’ve opened the 9.5 project in Cubase 9 - the thumbnail was generated. After that I’ve opened it in 9.5 again and the thumbnail was visible.

At this moment I’m not in the studio, so I can’t check it again today, but I’ll check it again this week.

Please try it and let me know if it helps.

Best Regards
Matthias

Hi!
Had tried in Cubase 8.0 - not worked for me.

P.S.
I tried resetting C9.5 preference to defaults, rebooting, updated all used codecs (ffdshow, quicktime etc), drivers for video-card… no changes.
Guess it helps somehow :slight_smile:

+1

\

Hi guys,

I have the same problem but maybe I’ve found a workaround for this bug.

I’ve opened the 9.5 project in Cubase 9 - the thumbnail was generated. After that I’ve opened it in 9.5 again and the thumbnail was visible.

Cubase Video Format “.mov” since SX 3… working !

And Cubase 9.5 issues…

Hi!
Mov file itself is a multimedia container, not all codecs (which can contain your mov actually) are currently supported - that’s the point

I did a doublecheck and confirm my first post - For me it works.

In my case i have deinstalled Quicktime 7, it’s not longer nessesary.

1. open the 9.5.10 project with cubase 9.0.30 (Thumbnail was created).
  2. close project without saving
  3. open with 9.5.10 (Tumbnail was visible)

Enclosed a screenshot of my result.

Regards
Matthias

@brickwall:
strange?!! doen’t work here!
strange what you say beacause cubase 9.0.30 create thumbail in a file call xxx.vcache
and cubase 9.5.10 create thumbail in a file call xxx.v2cache
The extension is not the same !!
and cubase 9.5.10 read the *.v2cache file but not the *.vcache
Best regards
dup

Did anyone get a solution to this?