9.5 preferences from 9?

installed the WL 9.5 (pro) update and relived the nightmare that was .gpk files from when i first started using WL 9… and then realized that none of my preferences from 9.0 carried over to 9.5

whoa… and i just discovered, even worse, all of my pulldown menu presets and customized settings are gone… my render settings, cd wizard, etc… every bit that i’ve customized…

is there a way to copy them over without trying to remember and re-do them all from scratch?

Same happened to me when I installed the 9.5 update. Just go to (if on a mac): user/library/preferences/Wavelab Pro 9

In there you´ll find all the presets, general settings, layout prefs etc from Wavelab 9. I just copied all the folders inside across to the Wavelab Pro 9.5 folder that resides in the same location. Worked perfectly!

I wonder if 9.5 didn’t include the important option where on first launch of 9.5, you can import your 9.1 preferences.

If not, I guess users are expected to do this manually but I think an automated script would have been included to transfer your 9.1 preferences to 9.5 for you.

I know some past updates of WaveLab asked about importing preferences but I’m not sure about this particular update.

no, no such option…

are the 9.0 settings saved in like the application support folders? think i can just copy them to the 9.5 folder?

I only have Mac experience but on Mac, you can easily copy the contents of the 9.0 preferences folder to the 9.5 preferences folder and go from there. It’s strange that a prompt wasn’t offered to automatically transfer your 9.0/9.1 prefs to the newly installed 9.5.

I think from 8.5 to 9.0 this was an option but maybe I’m mistaken.

ok, yes, on the mac in your library>preferences you can copy the WL9 files to the 9.5 prefs folder.

make sure you copy the PRESETS folder that’s in there, too!

+1 :confused:

Hi,
Justin P wrote :"I know some past updates of WaveLab asked about importing preferences but I’m not sure about this particular update. "
I just updated from 9 to 9.5 and it was asked if I wanted to import the preferences, so yes.
jp

I see. Maybe some users didn’t receive or easily missed this option at first launch.

I think I know what could have gone wrong. I got the option of importing settings from wl9, but the elicenser overruled it (new license added) and the import option was gone. At least that is what happened here.