A BFD3 thread?

Bad new I am afraid. I had a reply from one of my emails to support.

My email went as follows:

Hi again

Before I reverted to bfd3.3 I have been doing a bit of experimentation and thinking about 3.4. There are two issues that might be useful to think about.

1. The License Manager is the main issue as far as offline problems go as some of the content does not seem to be fully recognised and this might be why there are issues. Now it does not crash Cubase and instead BFD comes up with an unauthorised window and I am unable to access any of bfd3.4s features. Despite this the project i have been working on continues to play content that is not seen in the bfd 3.4 library. It is clear the many of us need more help to deal with these kind of issues that have not been addressed with FAQs.

2. A suggestion that would be very useful for us users who are migrating would be to provide Kit and Preset files separately to obviate the need to download the data content which we already have. (It would be useful to me as some of these files have disappeared over the years.) This is especially an issue as 3.4 does not pick up presets or kits from 3.3. At the very least provide info as to how to manually move them into the correct 3.4 folders. I have been having an issue with some of the Kit Pieces content. In the library it is greyed out and I assumed it was not installed as there was a (0) beside Metal Snares. However, when I was in the Kit Mixer and went to replace the snare I was then able to replace it with one of the Metal snares.

The reply implied that the developers want to leave the online element of BFD3. Which would mean that we would be stuck online when working on projects using BFD. He said that he would show the developers my email to get the discussion going.

Here is my reply:

Thank you for your reply and I would like you to forward the email to the developers. I would also like you to tell them that I will not follow with the upgrade if my music computer has to remain on line. Like a lot of us on the Cubase Forum this is an absolute non negotiable sticking point. I don’t know or use any professional software that has this requirement. My computer is only on line to update or upgrade software. Who wants interruptions when you are in the middle of a take? I also don’t trust Windows defender to protect my computer from ransomware etc. and commercial anti-virus software is too intrusive to run when you are recording. I really can’t see what the Developers think they will gain from this approach. They certainly are not thinking about the end user. I feel that it is much too intrusive.

I have spent a lot of money on this software and would do so in the future, but not under those circumstances.

There it is. I think that anyone who feels as I do should email BFD3 support to protest about this idea.