A couple small problems / suggestions

1. When rearranging clips in the clips window, if there are a lot of them, and I have to drag them up or down a long ways, the little screen doesn’t scroll right, so it’s very tough to rearrange them easily.

2. If I select a bunch of files and open them all at once, it puts them all on separate tabs. This is great - however, when I go to look at them, they have to redraw the gpk files every time I click to look at one. Any way they could automatically be drawing gpk files in the background so that when I click a tab, it’s ready to go and I don’t have to wait?

3. It would be cool if the “resampler” could be put on each clip. If I grab a whole bunch of clips that are all different sample rates, I can’t just import them all into a Montage. It would be nice if there was a resampler within each clip, and it would just import them all and set the resampler on for each one.

4. Is it just me? When I select “save as” after creating an empty montage, I see how I can select an “existing” folder… but how do I CREATE a new folder? Maybe I’m just super tired tonight, but I seem to see a way to do this without using Windows explorer…

5. Even if it’s just a temporary fix, a “bypass” for the input plugin would be a huge help. I am completely serious here… I think I have loaded and unloaded the input plugin over a thousand times today!!! I am serious - this is not an exaggeration…

That’s it for now… I’m loving Wavelab 9 so far though… Thanks PG!

I know what you mean. I usually arrange clips before inserting using the “Insert Audio Files” box which is nice because you can use CMD + up and CMD + down (on Mac anyway) to determine the clip order.

But, if you have to arrange the clip order after the files are inserted in the montage, you can double click the “Clips” tab and it should expand down to a larger view which makes it easier to manage.

1. When rearranging clips in the clips window, if there are a lot of them, and I have to drag them up or down a long ways, the little screen doesn’t scroll right, so it’s very tough to rearrange them easily.

Are you aware, that if you double-click on the “Clips” tab, the window will become full size (until you double click again). This may help.

1. If I select a bunch of files and open them all at once, it puts them all on separate tabs. This is great - however, when I go to look at them, they have to redraw the gpk files every time I click to look at one. Any way they could automatically be drawing gpk files in the background so that when I click a tab, it’s ready to go and I don’t have to wait?

Could be a good idea to implement. But are you using a SSD? Building peak file is so fast these days.

1. Is it just me? When I select “save as” after creating an empty montage, I see how I can select an “existing” folder… but how do I CREATE a new folder? Maybe I’m just super tired tonight, but I seem to see a way to do this without using Windows explorer…

Right click in the file view, and you can do it.

1. and 5)

Not easy, but this should come someday.

Cool thanks PG,

Here’s a few more:

A) In the record dialog, there is a “mix with playback” option - this is very helpful. You know under the “analyze” tab, we have the option to meter playback, audio input, etc? I think it would be great to have “mix playback and audio input” as an option there also… This way the meters will always be active without having to switch them manually…

B) There are definitely times where I’d like something like the Cubase “info line” when editing automation - so I can see the exact decibal value and also exact location of an automation point - and to be able to type in numberical values into this info line for each point.

Like you said, I guess the ASIO plugins can’t be bypasssed like other plugins, but why is that? I think there are similar sends, routing, and insert plugins in other programs, and they can be bypassed, I think. (although I’m not sure in all cases). Just wondered why it’s different in Wavelab, if it is. And agree you really need a temporary fix.