A dream: Layout for books [SOLVED]

Good to know.
Almost all my projects are indeed coming from XML import but I take care to use the function “Change instrument”.
But if the incoming player has the same instrument as the player in the destination project, both defined with the “Change instrument” function of Dorico, is there something else that could prevent them to merge?

I ask because this is exactly what happens in the test I am doing now where two players from the origin project insist on not wanting to merge with two players in the destination project though they have identical instruments.
One player has “Drums (full set)” the other has “Clarinet”.

You’ve probably checked that already, just in case: is it the same transposition for the clarinets?
And the drums are a kit, right? Are the kit definitions absolutely identical?

You must have done “something” to activate Windows (or some other utility you are running?) limiting the number of cores that are available. The default behaviour is that all the cores get shared by all the apps that are running.

I wonder if you are using something for playback that has an option to monopolize some cores for its own use. Halion SSE which comes with Dorico has an option to specify the number of cores it uses, but AFAIK it doesn’t take exclusive use of them.

As I choose the clarinet in both projects with the Dorico “Change instrument” function, I have no influence at all on the transposition.
About the drums, indeed the kits are slightly different.

You must have done “something” to activate Windows (or some other utility you are running?) limiting the number of cores that are available. The default behaviour is that all the cores get shared by all the apps that are running.

Beside Cubase I have all kind of music program and VSTis but I am not aware of any that would monopolize cores.
Do you any idea how one can check this?

But at the moment I can see in the task manager that the 4 cores and the 8 threads are active, so I guess it’s now working as it should.

Some days later and after doing more homework I feel embarassed about this thread :blush:
Most of the request I did in the original post are of course fully fullfilled with the Flow function of Dorico!

Though I knew about Flows, due to a too early test and probably a false setting on my PC I completely underestimated this function and thought it was not possible for me to work this way.
Today I know it better and I realize that it is indeed possible and I must say what a great function!

In the meantime I have successfully imported 10 flows in one project and I can say that until now “it works like a dream” and I feel very enthusiastic about this aspect of Dorico!
Of course I have to take care about what is activated or not to allow a faster work-speed and some tasks like remove or add players are really quite time consuming and they could be optimized, but taking everything in account the work-speed at the moment with 10 flows is really usable.
I hope it will stay so with 22 flows!

I will not edit the original post as embarassing as this post may be for me, I am glad I learned something and in fact the title of the thread which was meant to express a dream like a wish can now be interpreted like thanks to Flows “A dream came true!” :slight_smile:

It took me quite long to say this (almost one year) but now I can say that Dorico is a wonderful program!

And of course thanks to pianoleo who leaded me to try flows again and thanks to dankreider who leaded me to check and correct my CPU-settings :slight_smile: