(Please read my last post from October 16)
Fortunately I can make all the necessary layout work to create books with these great programs InDesign and Acrobat Pro and it works well.
But of course it is a quite time consuming task.
One of the most time consuming task is after creating several hundreds single PDF with Dorico, to sort these PDF and to combine into books with additional title pages and table of contents.
For example for a Musical I have to create 6 books:
- All full orchestra scores
- All small orchestra scores
- All parts for full orchestra divided in chapters for each instrument/player
- All parts for small orchestra divided in chapters for each instrument/player
- A vocal only score
- A vocal & Piano score
Considering some already very powerfull layout features of Dorico like Frames, Master Pages, Paragraphs Styles and others it is already quite easy to create even title pages or content pages but I wonder if the Dorico team has ever thought about going a step further and add some extended layout features to organise several pdfs together and create books?
In my “Dream” there would be:
- A few additional features like combine and sort layouts, insert blank pages, add page numbers, add headers and footers.
- But one even gretar featur would be if Dorico (or maybe in a specialised module) was able to acces the layouts from several documents and combine them.
And if also Dorico was able to automatically extract and sort from the several documents all the “Clarinet” layouts or all the “Percussion 1” layouts
and place them into the right order … it would be heaven
There would be no need anymore to create hundreds of PDF!