A first look over view of Wavelab Cast

Looking at how effective Cast is for a the basic record, edit, process, render - workflow. Cast special features in next video.

I’ve used other < $100 editing programs. They’ve been jokes compared to WL Cast. I really like that I can use my Waves VST3 plugs in the program.

Hi Poinzy, I was frankly surprised at how much of the good stuff was in WLC, it strikes me as a bargain. I haven’t much experience with other sub $100 DAWs but the Magix stuff I have always had a soft spot for and of course Reaper. But WL is a different animal to these and though I hated it at first (Version 4 I think I found tremendously annoying) I now fire it up virtually every day.

D’oh. I forgot Reaper. I use it for the imaging stuff I have to do. I use WL Cast as an auxiliary editor with Reaper.

Well, scrolling recently quit working on my WL Cast, for some reason. Files play back all right, but ‘view’ no longer follows the cursor. There doesn’t seem to be a specific scroll command in WL Cast, so I can’t reactivate anything. Tried changing drivers – nada.

So WL Cast is out of commission for the time being. I’ll have to dig a backup program out of a folder and install it.

Hi Poinzy - sorry to hear of your troubles. Like you I can’t find any reference to screen scrolling in help or any of the menus.
If you can spare the time I would recommend posting a report of the problem as a new topic here. PG is pretty fast on the draw when it comes to help. And I would also try a reinstall.

Try erasing this file:
Windows: \AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Cast\Preferences\General.dat
Mac: /Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Cast/Preferences/General.dat

Chances are I’ll have to do a directory edit over and over again. I don’t want to do that. I’ll just wait for a patch. Thanks anyway.

OK, for the benefit of other readers, I tried PG1’s suggestion, and it did work. View once again follows the cursor in WL Cast. But I still don’t know what caused the problem in the first place, so WL Cast will remain merely as a backup program for me…