A license key problem

Hey

I have a horrible problem with a license key.
It is registered to me but is somehow reported stolen!
My local distributor says there is nothing to do about it and i just don’t know what to do. :cry:

I have an upgrade and cant use it too…

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Where did you purchase your license from?

I got it used on eBay, the guy is super helpful and is trying to get some help from the UK side as I’m having no luck from the Israeli side…

He did everything she sale wizard asked and I registered nuendo to my account.

It all works but when I try to use the upgrade key I got from Steinberg it says the key is not good.

How can it be bad? I can see it registered to my account and I did not report it missing or stolen.

If it was stolen it shouldn’t have been possible to register it.

Have you upgraded to the latest elicsener?

I’d contact Steinberg via your mysteinberg account and raise a support ticket as it’s unlikely you’ll get a response here. They can confirm if all is ok with the license and whether you may just have a problematic elicesner or some other issue. Hope you get it solved.

Are you saying you bought a USB key on Ebay with a license on it already, and then when you tried to enter an activation code to update to a later version, you discovered it was locked?

It might not be the key, but the license that’s on it, though this has been only Cubase licenses, check out this thread Can't update Cubase: bought update code on ebay, USB key now disabled - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

I’m trying to do that but my local distributor is help.

Thanks

Hey

I read the thread and this is not my case.
I got a key with a license on it and registered it to my steinberg account.

I can see everything is registered, the key and the software.

Thanks

To the OP. Hopefully this is not your situ but, there have been non legit licenses sold on eBay. Sometimes not even the sellers know they are not legit until their buyer gets a problem during an upgrade, which can months later or longer.

In these cases, you can use the license on your computer and even connect/register the dongle to a mysteinberg account. The issue comes when you want to upgrade, that’s the point at which the license on your dongle gets flagged. If you’ve bought a non legit license, Steiny won’t assist and you’ll need to request a refund from the seller.

Thank you all

Steinberg where good to me and solved the problem.

:smiley: