A serious problem has occurred dialog box

When I close a file and open it again, this happens:

Cubase Artist 8.5.30.192 64bit 2021.11.3 20.30.dmp (590.9 KB)

Help please

You don’t have to email support. You would log into your Steinberg account and make a support request. That said, you might get a reply here.

What you certainly should do is follw the instruction in the first couple of sentences of the message.

Thank you for your prompt reply. I misunderstood the information on the support request page. Now it is sent that way. Thanks again.

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Could you try in the Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Hi,

The crash is in Groove Agent. You have Groove Agent 4.2.0 installed. Install the latest update Groove Agent 4.2.40 from here, please.

If it still crashes, you can try to delete the Groove Agent preferences folder here:
Cubase Preferences folders are:
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Groove Agent 4

Hi Martin
Preferences are not the problem. Started in safe mode and checked. After that I deleted GA folders. It came up with errors both times. Groove Agent might not be the problem. I updated it but still the same error message. It seems a little bit difficult to solve.

For your information, now I have on request sent a msinfo32.nfo file to the support team.

Hi,

Could you provide the latest DMP file, after the Groove Agent update, please?

Cubase Artist 8.5.30.192 64bit 2021.11.5 9.17.dmp (594.9 KB)
Pls note that this file is from a startup with no preferences loaded.

Hi,

Thank you for the update. Now, I can see, you are using up to date Groove Agent. Unfortunately the crash is still the same.

To be honest, I don’t know, how could I help now, if you already trashed Groove Agent preferences and this didn’t work. Groove Agent 4 is not in the development anymore, so even if I would report it to Steinberg, there won’t be an update, which would fix this issue.

I’m sorry.

Thanks for your effort to help me.
I consider to update the Cubase software to check if any difference.

Hi,

I would recommend to test it with Cubase Trial first. :wink:

Hi Martin
You were right about the Groove Agent making the error.

I have both Groove Agent 4 and Groove Agent SE4 installed (is that the problem ?)

Currently running with pro Groove Agent, I deleted drum tracks - track by track. And finally with no tracks, that solved the problem.

I then switched to Groove Agent SE4 and this runs smoothly.

After that I noted, when I which from Groove Agent SE4 to Groove Agent 4 the colors of the letters switch from grey to orange. A sign of error. Does this tell you a way to solve the problem ?

Untitled - 4

PS It looks like I lost the connection between GA and Cubase. GA still works as stand alone.

Problem solved - I updated to Cubase 11.

1 Like

PS: For your information: After the update, I started up Cubase 11, this message showed up:

Untitled - 2

It shows where the problem was located, - I think.
But the funny thing is, that I run GA 64-Bit and not 32-Bit.

After the first startup with this error, there have been no further errors/messages and everything runs smoothly now.

This said, I would have appreciated , if this message would have showed up much earlier.