"A Serious Problem Has Occurred"

A follow-up to the probalem I was encountering, which has been solved now.

After a lot of diagnostics and tracing it turned out to be some oddness with the RAM in the machine. It started causing BSOD’s as well not long after this post. After running the memory diagnostics under Win 7, which showed nothing even after running it for a day, I switched the RAM from Corsair to GSkill and everything has been working fine since.

Interestingly, the Corsair RAM was listed as compatible for the motherboard and did not show any defects in the RAM testing.

I have a new install on a new PC running Windows 10 with Melodyne 4 editor in Artist 7.0 and I’m still tracing the source of this crash. But since I am seeing this error message so often, I am having a serious problem with the message saying “please let Steinberg know what you did to cause this problem.” You know what I did? I used the product. Steinberg has the bug, or Steinberg isn’t getting along with Celemony, and it’s what they did that caused the problem. Troubleshooting is annoying and that error message is really getting to me.

Hi everyone

I’ve been getting the same thing. Tried uninstall/reinstall, tried deleting plugins, and trashing prefs, but it keeps happening.

If someone could have a look at the dump files to see if it points to a plugin I would very much appreciate it!

Cheers
Luke
CrashDumps.zip (1.36 MB)

Hello LWP413,

the crash occurs due to the Scarlett plug-ins, specifically the compressor (Scarlett Compressor 64.dll) in the dumps I checked. The stack text was identical and included only one task.

Kind regards,

All uhe vst 3 plugins crash Cubase immediately when used. They are fine if you don’t touch them!!! I only use uhe vst 2 versions.I have stopped using any 32 bit bridged plugins because of the hassle.

Fabio, thank you very much!

Just one day almost my everu cubase projects stopped to work, the crash just before they are open.

Everytime the same message.

Cubase 8.0.20.468 64bit 2018.5.15 21.44.dmp (dumb file)

Is there anyone who can help. I think the problem might be related to some plugin i guess.