A Steinberg VST3 instrument not showing up

I opened an old project, created in v. 3.5, in Dorico 4. It has a percussion part with the playback sounds from Steinberg’s Groove Agent, a drum sampler instrument that comes with Cubase. The VST rack now has an empty place for the percussion part, and Groove Agent is not in the list of available instruments. It’s not blacklisted, either; it’s VST3. I reset the cache and cleared the audio engine; this did not help.
How can I get the instrument back?

Hi @kaleva , is Groove Agent still installed with you, are you sure?
Also, Groove Agent still needs the old eLicenser, do you still have a Soft-eLicenser or USB-eLicenser with a valid license for it?

Perhaps also you’re now running Dorico 4 on an M1-powered Mac, and the version of Groove Agent you have installed is not Universal (only the version that comes with Cubase 12 is Universal, i.e. includes native support for Apple silicon Macs), in which case running Dorico under Rosetta will probably take care of it.

Thank you for the replies. I didn’t think of the eLicencer issue: that must be it. I don’t have an M1 mac, and I have Cubase 11 for which I have the USB dongle (and it’s always attached). Groove Agent shows and works normally in Cubase but not in Dorico - would it need to be re-installed for Dorico?

Hi @kaleva , no, normally you would not need to reinstall it. But please load in Dorico a project which wants to use Groove Agent and then do from the menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and attach the corresponding zip file here. That will give me a better overview

Hi Ulf,

that would be any project. Groove Agent doesn’t show up as on option in Dorico’s VST rack.

@kaleva , but still, could you please do as requested. Thanks

So you want a project that used to have Groove Agent in the VST rack? Did that but the zip file is too big to attach here.

@kaleva , no, I want you to load such project into Dorico and once loading finished, choose from the Dorico menu Help > Create Diagnostics Report and the then generated zip file please post here or send to u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de. Thanks