about custom shortcuts...

Is there a way to create a shortcut to group tracks? I see the command but haven’t found the menu to create a shortcut for groups.

Also, do you plan to implement a way to have the groups work more like Pro Tools, where you can group the tracks and trim all the files in the group at the same time, or create fades and volume points. Basically, it would be nice to have a list of parameters that can be in the edit group like region trimming, region deleting, volume changes, fades etc. Right now it seems like grouping just refers to moving the regions.

One other thing. I may have found a possible bug with shortcuts on Mac. I made a custom shortcut to move tracks up and down in the montage. However, it pretty much always makes me do the first track move manually using the menu before the shortcut will work. Most times the shortcut doesn’t work, but then when I do it the slow way, the shortcut works.

It’s not with every short cut though, the shortcut to zoom in max that i made will always work, even with the one I made to move the track won’t. I make sure that the editing screen of the montage is in focus too.

Very strange, no?

Is there a way to create a shortcut to group tracks? I see the command but haven’t found the menu to create a shortcut for groups.

No, sorry.

Also, do you plan to implement a way to have the groups work more like Pro Tools, where you can group the tracks and trim all the files in the group at the same time, or create fades and volume points. Basically, it would be nice to have a list of parameters that can be in the edit group like region trimming, region deleting, volume changes, fades etc. Right now it seems like grouping just refers to moving the regions.

This is regularly requested. This should come someday.

One other thing. I may have found a possible bug with shortcuts on Mac. I made a custom shortcut to move tracks up and down in the montage. However, it pretty much always makes me do the first track move manually using the menu before the shortcut will work. Most times the shortcut doesn’t work, but then when I do it the slow way, the shortcut works.

The shortcut is meant to work on the selected track. Are you sure the track is selected?

I do have the track selected when the “move track up” shortcut is pressed.
I’ve done some quick tests, and when that shortcut doesn’t work, I try some other shortcuts related to that track and it works just fine.

I just confirmed that I can use a shortcut to solo and mute a track, but the move track up and down shortcut won’t work until I do it using the menu first, then the shortcut will work on that track, as well as others.

It just seems to be a problem with the first time in a project.