About the SpectraLayers category

The vanguard of spectral editing and repair.

What is this category for?
In this category, you are welcome to discuss and ask questions about the SpectraLayers family of products. Users of any version of all three variants – the free SpectraLayers One, the entry-level SpectraLayers Elements, and the comprehensive SpectraLayers Pro – are welcome here.

Who is the moderator?
This category is moderated by SpectraLayer’s creator and main developer Robin Lovel, but it is actively monitored by other members of the Steinberg team. There are several well-experienced users who support Steinberg as external moderators on this forum as well.

How to make use of the tags?
Please make use of the provided tags such as – spectralayers-6, feature-request, etc. – when creating a new post.

What can I do with my “Votes”?
The new forum is offering more options to engage with the forum members and the voting option is one them. Over the next weeks we will work on ideas and processes to make the most out of the new features.

Anything else I should know?
If you’re new to this forum, please check the pinned topics in this category for further advice about how to make best use of the forum, a list of frequently asked questions and any other important announcements.

2 Likes

Hi I’m trying to understand the functioning of spectralayers but I noticed watching a video tutorial that when I load a song to divide the voice and instrument tracks I can only separate the voice and not the individual instruments, not only unmix vocal and not unmix components appear ,why?

1 Like

Sounds like you may have SpectraLayers ONE or perhaps elements? I think you need SpectraLayers Pro 7 to be able to separate out the instruments and percussion. SpectraLayers ONE only separates voice.

i bought the spectralayer 7 but its only spectralayer one, not 7. How to solve this?

@shaimie You have to enter your Pro license in the eLicenser Control Center