Absolutely hate N5.5 overlapping event look

I agree with others, the whole GUI situation has been in steady decline for the last few versions. Editting has becaome very frustrating.

5am

Sorry,don’t agree here.
The GUI has become more customizable (take colours for example) and that’s a good thing imho.
It always does take some getting used to new looks and I wish they would stick to this look now for a while. The problem is that Nuendo is so feature packed that it’s really hard to find places to put the information graphically.

For example, I would absolutely LOVE a way to show the automation information like “fill loop” or “touch assist” on a smaller panel that does not “waste” so much screen space. Even better would be a way to show it in the mixer or project page, but then that’s me any MY preferred way of working. Ohers might find even more information distracting…
Overall Steinbergs apps become more customizable with each major release and as I said I believe that’s the right way to handle things, so maybe an option to select/deselect the new view would be best for all.

Ollie

Man - the stripey look is really gettin’ me down in 5.5.

Here’s what we have to deal with (attached)… Can someone at Steinberg throw us a bone here and let us know what the chances are that you can fix this? I realize everyone’s threat is that they will stop using the software blah, blah, blah - but this is almost enough to really make me stop…

+1

I dislike the stripey look too. It’s distracting… Way better in N5.1 :frowning:

Otherwise, I realy like the new GUI. I think that it is better to have a fresh look from time to time. But made with taste. The stripes on the overlapping events just provoke fatigue to my eyes.

Oh dude… that stripy poop is one of the showstoppers over here. Beside Lanes and events on top stuff - I can NOT use Nuendo 5.5 for recording and editing - using it for mixing though, cause here I usually have only occasional editing and not much overlapping because I clean up in the old version before.

This NEEDS to be fixed - otherwise latest Nuendo is NOT usable!!

I know I am sounding like a broken record and I am sorry to repeat myself over and over, but I have the feeling that Steinberg is still not realizing that most of the users are hating those stripy overlapping poop…

Regarding the GUI - though I prefer the look of 4.3 - and even N5.1 is fine - I am able to work with it, it is not as great as before and I can second Rucareanu here - it could be cool to have something fresh from time to time - though I prefer to stay with a great and working solution… To keep it short - 4.1 GUI was great, new GUI is up to taste but in general I could live with it EXEPT that overlapping stuff…

Good extention to my post - YES, of course I am talking about the EVENT GUI - and some other smaller issues INSIDE the project window - the other GUI parts are cool! Up to taste - in my case I like the mixer and all the stuff very much, I would say somewhere between OK and Very great. Control-Rooms looks somewhat… cheap… but well… no big deal :slight_smile:)

Have to ad - Bredo, I can second you in ALL other points as well. It is exactly like you said.