- Is it not possible to filter accents?
- Is it possible to make them bold for increased readability.
- In a piece I’m working on it is impossible for me to make them play back with Note Performer, whatever I set in Layout Options. If I change to Halion, they play back. Is there an explanation for that?
- It’s not possible to filter articulations. They’re a property of the note rather than a separate object.
- Not exactly. From Engrave > Music Symbols… you can delete the existing glyphs (Accent above and Accent below) and replace them with different ones (or even > as text), or you could increase the scale (both X and Y) to make them bigger. You can’t make the existing accent glyphs bold, though.
- I’m not sure what Layout Options could possibly have to do with playback. If you reapply the Playback Template (from Play > Playback Template…) and Reset Playback Overrides (by selecting all and then going Play > Reset Playback Overrides) do you get proper playback of accents? In a new project with NotePerformer, here, accents are respected in playback.
- I see, it would have been useful.
- Too time consuming for me I’m afraid.
- My mistake, I meant Dynamics in Playback Options, of course.
I tried your suggestions but no accents, not even when I exaggerated wildly by increasing by 10,0. When I look at the velocities they are all even (if accents are supposed to show there, I don’t know).
The piece originally comes from an XML import, if that could mean anything. I tried to export that particular flow and open it as an own piece but it did not do any different. Accents with HSO but not with Note Performer. Finally I copied the notes and pasted them into a new project, still no accents with NP but with HSO.