Accesing Patches on different channels with 1 MIDI-Track

Hi,

is it possible to access HSO-Patches on different MIDI-Channels via one MIDI-Track only, f.e. by using something like channel change message (if such exists), that is to instruct a MIDI-Track to send its data to different channels (f.e. to channel 1 for violins legato, to channel 2 for violins pizzicato)?

Thanks.

yes

Yes, you can set the MIDI channel for individual notes on a MIDI track.

How?

I am having a rough time figuring this out.

select the notes in the Key Editor and look in the Info bar above. Change the value for MIDI channel there.

What are you trying to do? Sounds like a awkward method?

[quote=“HowlingUlf”]
select the notes in the Key Editor and look in the Info bar above. Change the value for MIDI channel there.

What are you trying to do? Sounds like a awkward method?
[/quote]

first: thanks to all who have submitted answers so far, they are greatly appreciated…

@HowlingUlf

do you mean List Editor? (There is a Channel-Column there, but I can’t see any in the Key Editor)

first: thanks to all who have submitted answers so far, they are greatly appreciated…

@HowlingUlf

do you mean List Editor? (There is a Channel-Column there, but I can’t see any in the Key Editor)
[/quote]

No, Key Editor. :wink: The Info Line may be hidden, or it’s rather probably hidden by default for some reason. There is a button in the Toolbar which when you hover the mouse over it shows “Set up Window Layout[!]”. Use that one to activate the Status Line and the Info Line. I’m not sure why they are hidden as they should be helpful for … everybody … always? :confused:

Then try again.

HTH :wink:

@HowlingUlf

Thanks a lot, the problem is solved.