Access Virus TI2 & Cubasis?

Has anyone tried integrating these two?

I’m a new Virus owner (replaced my Blofeld), and I’m not too keen on using a Mac with the Virus TI VST or the Mystery Islands plug-in. I prefer to stay entirely on iPad where possible.

Has anyone tried sequencing the Virus from Cubasis?

Needless to say, it’s obviously easily doable if all you’re looking for is note events and the like. The Virus TI and Mystery Islands plug-ins enable near total integration between DAW and synth, including virtually all parameters. For all intents and purposes, if you’re using a Mac or Windows DAW (including Cubase) this synth behaves like a VST.

Has anyone mapped a partial solution with a native Cubasis or AUv3 plug-in?

Hi @dovjgoldman,

Thanks for your message.

To my knowledge, Access did not release an iOS-specific plug-in similar to their Virus virtual instrument plugin solution for PC and Mac.

Best,
Lars

Hi @LSlowak,

Correct. There is no Auv3 for the Virus.

I was hoping for a more generic solution for recalling presets, etc., much like the one in Camelot Pro. It would be a form of automation like raising a fader at a given point in a song.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Dov

Hi @dovjgoldman,

Thanks for your message.

With Cubasis 3.3. we’re released MIDI Learn, MCU and HUI support among other features. Unfortunately, I don’t know if the Virus shows of with class compliant support to make use of the feature.

Nevertheless, here is the link to our Cubasis 3.3 tutorial, where MIDI Learn, MCU and HUI support among other features are explained more in detail (please use the jump markers in the YouTube description jump to a dedicated chapter in the clip):

Hope that helps at least a small bit…

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi @LSlowak,

I use your Mackie support for my Behringer X Touch and Midi Learn for my KMI Softstep 2 pedal. This all works well (though I am anxiously awaiting better Mackie support, including track meters and focused mapping like you have in Cubase), but it’s not what I’m asking you for here.

I don’t want to control Cubasis from the front panel of my Virus TI2. Quite the opposite! I want to control the synth from Cubasis. I want to send Midi to select single and multi patches, and to have Cubasis be my sequencer for recording the synth.

Advice?

@LSlowak bumping this back up.

Hi @dovjgoldman,

I’m afraid this will not be possible, buy you may give this a try out yourself.

Best,
Lars

I’ve ordered a Squarp Hapax hardware sequencer, which among other things can control synths and tone generators via PC, CC and NPRN, etc.

I’m planning on “arranging” and sequencing my music with the Hapax controlling my hardware tone generators, and Cubasis on my iPad recording the output, as well as vocals and accoustic instruments.