Accidental Display in IPad Version - Bug report

I noticed a problem when trying to change the accidental to one in parentheses…when you click the switch, it will hide, but if you try to pull down the drop down to access the parentheses version (this D natural is an automatic courtesy accidental showing up), Dorico stops reacting completely and you have to close the window, then re-open it to get going again. The only thing you can do is turn the accidental display on, or off. Try to use the drop down, and the program becomes unresponsive. I’m not sure if this is the place to post this, or not. If a developer sees this and can let me know if it will be addressed, I would appreciate it! Thank you for all you do to make Dorico my choice in notation software…I’ve used them all, and will not go back.

Thanks for reporting this. The problem you are experiencing with Dorico freezing when you try to open the drop-down menu is one we have fixed in our development builds, and it will be fixed in the next release. If you’d like to access a build that has this fix in it now, you can send me via private message your Apple ID email address and I’ll add you to our TestFlight team.

Thank you for the reply. I’d be happy to to be added to the TestFlight team and help out in any way I can with feedback. I have clicked on your profile, tried to find a way to to message you, but can’t seem to find the message link.

This screenshot was done in a browser on a desktop computer, so it might be different on an iPad - I don’t know, as I have never used a browser on an iPad!
When you click on Daniel’s profile, do you get an image like this?

If you do, click on the blue box with “Message” in it.

Failing that, here is the email address to use. It is spelt out to avoid automated bots, etc., from harvesting addresses in the proper format - remove the spaces, replace the at with @, etc.

d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de

That blue message box does not appear on my end. Thank you for responding. I will send Daniel an email

I suspect the reason you can’t send me a direct message is because your user account here on the forum is too new. Once you’ve read a few more threads and perhaps joined in with the discussions a little more, you’ll be able to send direct messages.