Accidentally writes volume automation on group channels

if you accidently click the bottom of a group channel automation curve, it starts a new automation with -00db, but if you undo it, it doesn’t jump back to the previous value, it just stays at -00db which is very annoying for me because sometimes after balancing the whole mix, you accidentally clicked the automation curve, then you ended up spending couple more minutes trying to rebalance the track.

Screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 1.45.21 AM.png

Happens to me too sometimes. Still the only way to not accidentally messing up your levels is to avoid that accident… undo doesn’t set it back neither does the mixer history as the level wasn’t moved in the mixer.

Happens to me all the time, especially when editing drums and trying to select several events (shift-clicking is not doing what it is doing elsewhere). So you need some empty space to draw a selection box, hence the automation curves.
Only way to avoid this is to lock any curve tracks in the area. Track volume can still be changed.

+1

Soo annoying!! At least, make it undoable.

+1

What I long for is an extensive setup dialog for everything included in Undo - what kind of operations you want to undo as well as what is needed to make a project considered changed from saved.

So having this - any change of automation - be part of Undo really fix it.