Accordion chord notation

Is there a simple way to notate accordion chords? Is is a sort of very simplified figured bass notation written on top of the notes.
These are the symbols: M for Major chord, m for minor chord, 7 for a dominant seventh chord and d for a diminished.

accordion

Dorico doesn’t have any special feature for this, I’m afraid. I wonder whether using lyrics above the staff would be an appropriate way to get the results you’re after? You can use Shift+up arrow in the lyrics popover to specify that the lyrics should go above the staff.

1 Like

Yes, it works nicely! I thought that but couldn’t remember how to get to it.

Using lyrics above the staff is unfortunately not an appropriate way because of the M____ results if a chord is held e.g. a whole note and a half note tied to it in a 4/4.
The only work-around here is: un-tie the notes, write the lyric, re-tie the notes.

I know it won’t have a high priority but this accordion feature combined with a correct playback would be awesome for scoring accordion music. The letter above the note makes a chord sound - just triads, only major, minor, diminished and 7 (omit 5).

1 Like

You can input lyrics using the caret from any rhythmic position - they don’t need to be attached to a note. You really don’t need to untie the notes.

1 Like

The best way I think is to do that i mean M,m,7 and so on is to create the symbol in Playing techinque and save as default

1 Like

You are right, at the time of the post I dare not fiddle with the playing techniques!

1 Like