Sorry if this already’s been brought up, but I recently rebooted my computer and want to install Cubase (Elements 6) again.
The problem now is that I can’t use my product license key again, and I don’t know how to solve this.(I have the soft key thing, not the usb)
When I try to use the code that came with the CD, it says ‘‘please contact your software vendor to get a valid activation code’’ - does that mean I have to email some Cubase support?
To me, the whole Steinberg website is really messy and sometimes even completely incomprehensive, and partly due to the fact that I’m Swedish and having difficulties due to the ‘‘techy’’ language.
So basically, I think I’m just having trouble navigating.
Can anybody please help me, or just point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance!
yes, this has been asked several times.
You can reactivate the software one your own.
If you didn’t register your software, please do so:
– Create a MySteinberg account if you don’t have one (https://www.steinberg.net/en/mysteinberg.html)
– Log in to the account
– Click on “Register eLicenser / software & Enter Download Access Code”
– Enter the OLD activation code to register the software
Now, you can proceed with the reactivation:
– Click on the Cubase Elements 6 entry
– The view will enlarge, showing a “Software reactivation” button, please click it
– Enter the new Soft-eLicenser number (generated on the new system)
– Click on Continue, you will be given a new activation code
Now you can authorise your new installation:
– Open the eLicenser Control Center
– Click on “Enter Activation Code”
– Paste the code in the text field and click on “Continue”
An internet connection is needed in order to download the license.