Activation Blues

Hi guys,

I’ve been using SX2 until very recently, I know it’s old but I get a decent workflow going and there seemed no need to change.

I tried the demo version of Elenents 7 a while back, and found it actually ran pretty smoothly on my aging Dell DAW. So I decided to bite the bullet and upgrade to Elements 8.

Try as I may, I cannot seem to activate / authorise the installed software, I have tried several times also, numerous restarts, installing the latest version of the eLicence software. I have 200Mb broadband which is really stable so I know the Internet connection is fine.

Am I missing something really obvious guys, I’ve used Cubase for years a few all of a sudden get I’m a complete noob again.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

George Wood

Hi,

Do you have the latest eLCC installed, please?

Did you really “upgrade” the licence, or did you buy a new license? I would say, there is no this Kind of upgrade

Hey Martin,

Thanks for the speedy reply, as there is no Steinberg ‘upgrade’ from SX2 to Elements 8 that I was aware of, I kinda guessed users would just understand that I bought a never version of Cubase (never assume right?).

Here’s what I downloaded, which I believe is the latest version.

Version: 6.9.2.1179
Size: 33.3 MB
Release: October 22nd, 2015
eLicenser: USB- and Soft-eLicenser

Kind regards,

George

Hi,

Yes, this is the latest update. Could you try Recover the licenses?

you report “my aging Dell” does it have aero gfx capability? w7/8/10? you cant run ver 8 without it

Run the eLicenser as Admin, and try again.

Thank you for all the great advice,

My main DAW is a 3GHz Dual core with 4 GB, running Win7 32Bit, I was able to run Elements 7 so I expected the hardware to be compatible.

I also have a Dell i5 laptop with 8GB set up as a DAW, I think I’ll give that a go first. Incidentally, can I have Elements 8 installed on both machines? I’m guessing probably yes, but will only run one instance at a time?

Kind regards,

George

The only way to run Elements on 2 machines is to buy a usb elicenser key and move your license to this and then you can run on whichever computer it’s plugged into.

Many thanks Grim,

Is the USB elicencer key expensive?

Kind regards,

George

USB-eLicenser price.

Here is a link to purchase the usb elicenser. About $30…

Regards. :sunglasses:

Sorry, looks like I posted while Martin was posting.

Many thanks Martin / Prock,

Seems pretty reasonable!

BTW - Elements 8 installed on the laptop with no problem at all, think I’ll leave it there for now until I get my head round the changes.

Thanks again for all your help guys!

Regards,

George