Activation Code for Cubase LE AI Elements 10.5

According to this page https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/360011791099-FAQ-Free-update-to-latest-Cubase-AI-Cubase-LE-version-for-all-registered-users I’m entitle to upgrade from 10.x.0 to 10.5.

I have downloaded and installed the Cubase LE AI Elements 10.5.12 update on my Mac. When I start, I am prompted to enter the activation code. I tried the 10.0 activation code, but this does not activate the 10.5 version. I have also performed the maintenance tasks on eLicenser, but I do not see where I can get a 10.5 activation code.

I also have attempted to create a support ticket. However, the page states I need to agree to share my personal information with support. I have verified that “Yes, I want local support. My data will be shared with:” is enabled in my account settings.

So, I can’t get an activation code and I can’t contact support. What should I do next?

Hi and welcome,

You have to get your Cubase AI or Cubase LE 10.5 Activation Code first. If you didn’t get one, get in contact with your local technical support, please.

Please see the second half of my post for details on the “request support” page not working.

I also have attempted to create a support ticket. However, the page states I need to agree to share my personal information with support. I have verified that “Yes, I want local support. My data will be shared with:” is enabled in my account settings.

Hi,

Depending where you are located, here you can find your local distributor/technical support.

Their website is japan.steinberg.net, which goes back to the same website, which tells me I need to share my personal information before I can request support, which I have already done.

Seriously, this is a terrible experience. How hard is it to provide a customer with support?

Here.

Clearly I have “Yes, I want local support. My data will be shared with:” enabled.

Clearly the support page doesn’t work.

The link you sent me lists this:

Yamaha Music Japan Co,Ltd
japan.steinberg.net

It is as if they are doing everything they can so nobody contacts them. Very poor customer service!

I’ll put this here for anyone else running into the broken service page.

The address given for support is the following:

Yamaha Music Japan Co,Ltd

Unfortunately, this goes back to the Steinberg website, which has a broken service page. They were also nice enough not to include any other method of contact.

Googling for “Yamaha Music Japan Co, Ltd Takanawa, Minato-ku 2-17-11” I got their 2015 exhibition page, which lists a different website.

Going to that page and selecting Japan as the region (since that is my “local” support), I am brought to this page.

Note that the following makes use of Google Translate built into Chrome to navigate the pages.

In the top right, there is a button for support.

They then recommend making an inquiry by e-mail (web form).

In the middle, there is a button for inquiries about AV, music production equipment, PA, and other products, which includes Steinberg products.

Clicking on the “inquiry via e-mail (web form)” link here will result in a loop. Instead, this time you have to scroll down and click “Steinberg Products” which opens up and shows a Contact Us button.

Most of the contact page is reasons why Yamaha won’t help you. Ok fine, scroll past all that to the Check the above contents and contact us link with the nice little check mark.

Not there yet. More reading to do. First, they make sure you read the extensive list on the previous page for reasons you shouldn’t expect support.
But if you are really really sure you want support, then click the Inquiry by email button in the middle of the page.

Finally, you can write your message to support.

Note that the FAQ: Free update to latest Cubase AI Cubase LE version for all registered users page is only available in English, German, Spanish, French, and Italian. So it’s possible Yamaha Japan will not honor the upgrade because it’s not written in Japanese.

I’m confused. Have you first managed to activate 10? Which exact version do you currently have an active license for? What shows in the eLicenser Control Center? Or are you saying you have never managed to even activate your 10 license? :confused: From my understanding, you need to have a valid registration for the update to be authorized.

Yes, I activated Cubase AI 10 last year when I purchased the upgrade from a previous version that I received with a Yamaha DTX522K.

The exact version with the active license is 10.0.60 Build 396.

eLicenser Control Center shows a license for Cubase AI 10.

The “My Products” page on the website shows a license for Cubase AI 10, which was activated on April 2019.

The FAQ states that I am eligible to upgrade to version 10.5 along with future versions.

According to the FAQ…

If you are entitled to the free update, you should already have received an Activation Code by mail. Please check your mailbox.

I’m not sure if this means postal mail or e-mail. Either way, I didn’t receive anything. The FAQ then states…

If you cannot find the mail, please contact our support via the support form within your MySteinberg account.

However, the support form just tells me I need to first share my personal information with the local support, which is already enabled.

I tried contacting the Steinberg US team, but they told me they couldn’t access my account since it was registered in Japan. They finally directed me to email the team in Germany, which responded right away and sent the upgraded access code.